Chapter 39: Man's Pride

"MINHYUN-AH~"

Minhyun that just walked out from the toilet surprised to see Yeonhee, "Oh, Yeonhee-yah..."

"Guess what I bring for our lunch today?"

"Our... lunch?"

"Your favorite chicken stew! I also made some jeon (Korean pancake) for you. Can't wait to eat with you later," told Yeonhee.

"But... did we promise to eat lunch together today?" asked Minhyun.

Yeonhee's face suddenly changed, "Why? Don't you like to have lunch with me?"

"No but... I've lunch meeting with the client so..."

"You do? Why don't you tell me earlier then?"

"Because I don't know we're going to have lunch together again today."

"Again?" Yeonhee smirked, "Is that such a burden for having lunch with me?"

Minhyun flustered, "No. I didn't mean that. I mean..."

"Hyunji is right."

Minhyun blinked his eyes confused, "Why suddenly Hyunji's name got brought up here?"

"You must be don't remember what you said that night, right?" asked Yeonhee serious looking at Minhyun's face.

Minhyun frowned, "What do you mean?"

Yeonhee let out disbelief laugh, "So it was just me feeling excited and happy by my own."

"Yeonhee-yah..."

"Fine then, Seo Minhyun. Goodbye!" said Yeonhee before leave Minhyun.

********************

HYUNJI knocked his brother's room before open the door, "Can I enter?"

"You already did," said Minhyun that focus doing his job in front of laptop.

Hyunji looked at her feet and also realized her feet already in his room. She grinned, "Well... actually I got something to ask you."

"What?"

Hyunji sat on the bed. She studied Minhyun's face for a while before asked, "Did you really have special feeling to Yeonhee eonni?"

Minhyun stopped typing. He turned his head to Hyunji, "Why you suddenly asked that? Did Yeonhee told you anything?"

Hyunji gulped. She scratched her head, "Emm... a little bit maybe?"

Minhyun sighed, "Yes. I like her and I confessed to her when we go out that day."

Hyunji's eyes turned wider, "You remembered that or did you say that because you're drunk?"

"My feeling to her still the same whether I'm drunk or not. I also realize you busy being the cupid that day."

Hyunji's jaw dropped, "You knew but why you pretend like you don't understand it?"

"I've knew Yeonhee got crush on me since long ago."

Hyunji got surprised once again, "You knew that too?! Then why don't you respond to her all this while? Are you just taking advantage on her so she can help you whenever you need her?"

"I've never take her for granted," said Minhyun serious.

Hyunji gulped to see Minhyun's serious face suddenly. Compare to Seunghyun, she much scared to Minhyun when his second brother in serious state, "Then... what?"

Minhyun stared at Hyunji's face before sighed, "We got in to the company at the same time as contract staff but she got his permanent position first as I still have no fix position and no guarantee for me to be a permanent staff."

Hyunji just stay silent listen to Minhyun's story.

"I worked hard to get my permanent position and few months later I able to place myself in my current department. I knew Yeonhee already got crush on me long ago but I want to prove myself that I can have stable career first before I'm going to think about dating. I don't want to have relationship with no planning. I want to have serious relationship where I'm ready to take that person as my life partner because that's part of man's pride. She's the only girl friend that I really comfortable with and willing to accept me at my weakest time. I really treasure her as friend and now... I ready to treasure her as my future wife."

Hyunji looked at her brother in disbelief look.

"Why you look at me like that?" asked Minhyun.

"You're so cool, oppa! I've never know you so cool like this! Eonni, you hear that right?"

Minhyun frowned, "What you... Yeonhee-yah!"

Yeonhee suddenly appeared with her face full with tears, "I never know you've been feeling that way to me all this time."

30 MINUTES BEFORE...

"Hyunji-yah, don't forget to wash the dishes in the sink. Don't let the house getting mess," said Jungmi that going to her sister house to accompany her as her sister's husband not at home and being alone at home.

Hyunji sighed, "I'm not even a kid anymore, mom!"

Jungmi smiled, "Yeah, then. I'm going first."

"Bye, mom!"

Hyunji was about to walk to the kitchen to wash the dishes before suddenly her phone ringing. She frowned to see the name on the screen – Yeonhee.

"Hello, eonni?"

"Hyunji-yah~"

Hyunji flinched to hear her cracked voice, "Eonni, are you crying? What's wrong with you? Are you hurting anywhere?"

"My heart."

Hyunji frowned, "What?"

"Can I come to your house now?"

Yeonhee then come to meet Hyunji and asking Hyunji to ask Minhyun his true feeling towards Yeonhee. Yeonhee really can't accept if Minhyun confessed to her just because he's being drunk. Even she left Minhyun earlier that day after realize Minhyun just playing with her heart but she still want the confirmation whether Minhyun really loves her or not. So Hyunji as their 'cupid' then willing to help her out and the result really surprised her too.

Hyunji smiled to see Yeonhee hugged Minhyun while crying so hard. Minhyun glanced to Hyunji while smiled and blinked once as sign of 'thank you'.

Hyunji made an 'okay' sign before left them and walked to the kitchen.

Yeonhee let go off Minhyun's hug, "From tomorrow onward you must have lunch with me! I don't need to tell you as that's part of our new routine. Got it?"

Minhyun smiled, "I got it!" He wiped Yeonhee's tears but then he flinched, "Ah, I just remembered that tomorrow afternoon I need to go to Thailand for helping the marketing team there."

Yeonhee's eyes turned wider, "What? Why so sudden?"

"Suddenly their manager got accident. You know we're going to held JYP audition there in few weeks, right?" said Minhyun.

Yeonhee pouted, "We just formally declare as couple but now you're going to leave me!"

Minhyun pinched Yeonhee's cheeks lightly, "I promised you that I will video call you everyday."

Yeonhee smiled, "Really? So how long you're going to be there? Three days? Four days?"

Minhyun bites his lips before said, "Four weeks. A month."

"WHAT?! YAH! SEO MINHYUN!"

Hyunji that just wear gloves to start washing the dishes shocked, "Are they already fighting after 5 minutes of that romantic hug?"