Chapter 27: Sleepover

SEUNGHYUN stared at Mark with fierce look that made Mark gulped.

"Never?" asked Seunghyun.

"Yes! Never!"

"Why never?! Is she lack in anything? Our Hyunji is smart, kind and has a lot of charms. She's also the cutest girl in this world! How dare you look down on my sister?!" yelled Seunghyun suddenly.

Mark and Minhyun both looked Seunghyun in disbelief look. Mark too speechless to say anything.

Minhyun elbowed his brother. He pulled his brother to turn their back to Mark before whispered, "Hyung, why you sounds like psychotic? You want to scold him or trying to pair him with Hyunji?"

"Am I sounds like one? I was angry to see a guy bring my sister home but I hate when he was dissing our sister like she's not compatible to be anyone's girlfriend and saying she just suitable as friend only. Hyunji also got a lot of charms and I believe a lot of guy will fall to her if they really know her!" Seunghyun giving out his opinion.

Minhyun sighed, "I know... but this is not a suitable time, hyung. He's a guy. A guy brought our sister home at this late. Just both of them. Can you grasp the situation now?"

Seunghyun had a deep thought for a moment before nodded, "Okay, I got it."

Both of them then turned around again and face Mark with serious look. Mark gulped again.

"So you really not doing anything to her?" asked Minhyun.

Mark nodded again fast.

"If there's something wrong on her later, will you take the responsibility?" asked Seunghyun.

Mark flinched to hear that before then slowly nodded again.

"Okay. We hold your words," said Seunghyun.

Jungmi then walked out from Hyunji's room. Seunghyun and Minhyun turned their back, "Is Hyunji okay, mom?"

Jungmi nodded, "I've changed her clothes and cleaned her makeup. That girl really cannot do anything if she drunk." Jungmi then looked at Mark, "Thank you for bring our Hyunji home safely, Mark."

"Ah, yeah..." Mark bowed to Jungmi while glanced at Hyunji's brother in scare.

"Why he looks nervous? Did you guys say anything to him?" asked Jungmi to her sons.

Seunghyun and Minhyun quickly shook their head before they both grabbed Mark's right and left arm respectively.

"We just say thank you to him, right Mark?" asked Seunghyun from the right side.

"We're so thankful for him bringing our sister home. Right, Mark?" asked Minhyun from the left side.

Mark smiled awkwardly, "Yes. Err... I think I should go home now because..."

Suddenly they heard thunderstorm and the rain fall heavily.

"Ommo... it's raining so hard. Did you drive your car?" asked Jungmi.

Mark shook his head before smiled weakly, "No. I took taxi because I've drank too."

"Why don't you sleep here then? You can sleep at Seunghyun or Minhyun's room," told Jungmi.

Seunghyun and Minhyun that holding to Mark's arms spontaneously pull away their hand. Seunghyun is pretending to yawn, "Hahhh... I'm so sleepy because I don't have enough sleep this few days. Good night."

Minhyun's jaw dropped to see his brother walked away to his room and they heard a 'clack' sound – he's locking the door.

"Minhyun-ah, bring Mark to your room. Give him some clothes for him to change too. I need to finish my work at the kitchen for a while," said Jungmi before then left those two boys in the living room.

Mark looked at Minhyun and grinned.

Minhyun glared at him, "What? Just sleep in the couch then," Minhyun then walked to his room too and locked the door.

Mark that dumbfounded with that quickly walked to his room before knocked the door. He whispered to avoid Minhyun's mother heard him, "Minhyun-ah, don't do this to me! Let me in please."

There's no answer from inside the room.

Mark sighed. Should he just lay down on the couch like Minhyun told? It's too cold outside without a blanket and it's raining that make the weather colder.

He then got an idea. He whispered again, "Minhyun-ah... if you don't allow me to sleep in your room, should I sleep in Hyunji's room? I bet she won't awake till next morning, right? I can just wake up before she's awake, right? I think it's o-..."

The room suddenly opened that made Mark shocked. Minhyun glared at him with death glare that made Mark gulped, "Get in. Now."

Mark quickly get into his room and close the door. Minhyun throw a t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants to Mark, "Change your clothes and sleep."

Minhyun already put a mattress, pillow and blanket for Mark on the floor because his single bed won't fit both of them together. Mark smiled, "Thanks, buddy."

Mark changed his clothes while Minhyun slip under his blanket. Both of them been in silence for a while with Minhyun stared at the ceiling, "Hey, Mark."

"Hmm...?"

"You know I'm not hating you, right?"

Mark that finished changing his clothes slip under his blanket too, "I know."

"You know I don't have any hard feelings on you, right?"

"I know."

Both of them become silence for a while before Minhyun said, "Thank you for bring her home safely."

"No problem, dude. I'm the only one who know her house anyway," told Mark.

"Thank you for bring her home safely today... and that day. Thank you for being at her side during her hard time," said Minhyun before then continued, "Good night, Mark."

Mark looked at Minhyun that facing his back to Mark. He smiled before answer, "Good night, Minhyun."