❀⊱┄┄┄┄ One: the Swans return to the lake ┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰ ❀

ONE : THE SWANS RETURN TO THE LAKE

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•Well, today is the day I say goodbye to the sweet sun rays and dirt roads of Phoenix in Arizona, and hello to the torrential rainfall and green shrubbery that is Forks, Washington

──────✧❅✦❅✧──────
Well, today is the day I say goodbye to the sweet sun rays and dirt roads of Phoenix in Arizona, and hello to the torrential rainfall and green shrubbery that is Forks, Washington.

Isabella, my non-identical twin doesn't want to leave, but I'm ready for a change of scenery and I always was super close to our father, Charlie, growing up. So, it will be great to see him.
We had a close friend or two there as kids; it won't be too lonely for my sister and I then, hopefully. Anyway, we have one another, regardless.
──────✧❅✦❅✧──────
"Don't forget to call us, girls!" Erika calls out, her long blonde hair flowing in the breeze, her green eyes glimmer in the sunshine, and her tawny shaded skin is scantily covered by a black miniskirt and neon pink crop top. Awkwardly, Bella gives them a not-so-cool thumbs up signal. Chuckling, I hide my face in my hands in embarrassment.

"Or if you can't get cell phone service, write us!" My other close friend from school, Josie chirps up. She rakes her hand through her knotted raven coloured her that cascades down to her lower back.
"Only if you write first!" I teased, my lip quirking up at the corners into a little smirk. Uncomfortable, my twin sister slowly rocks, balancing herself on the balls of her feet.
──────✧❅✦❅✧──────
I yank my suitcases down the rocky path and fling them carelessly into my Stepdad Phil's rusting silver wagon. Bella sighs, disapprovingly at me as she delicately places her luggage onto the back of the wagon.
"My babies," Our mother, Renee gushes caressing our cheeks with her hands.
Bella's tears start to well up, clouding her deeply cocoa-coloured orbs.
Harshly, I bite down onto my lips in a bid to stop myself from crying.
"I'll miss you with all of my heart!" Mom's voice cracks, just from the way she's stood, she looks cold and hollow as we break from her embrace and get into the car. Phil kisses her forehead softly; it fills my heart with joy and reassurance to know he'll treasure my mom and make sure she's cared for as best as possible.
Rolling the window down, I call out to our mom, "I'll miss you mom; don't forget all you need to do is call us!"
Overwhelmed, she clutches her hand to her heart, shouting that she loves us until the power of her lungs can no longer reach us as Phil drives the car away from her sight. "Love you!" Bella and I respond, simultaneously.
Smiling at Phil, whose in the driver's seat beside me, I turn the radio volume up with the notch.
'Seven Nation Army' bellows out. Phil and I start to drum on the dashboard, looking through the rear view mirror, I can see Bella rolling her eyes and popping her earbuds into her ears.
I chuckle to myself, turning the volume down, just ever so slightly. Bella smirks at me and removes her earbuds.
Taking a moment to breath my last dose of fresh, dusty Arizonian air, I sink into the seat of the car. My hand limply dangles from the window, the sweet sunlight kissing my skin, as if kissing it farewell as we head to the airport.
──────✧❅✦❅✧──────