❀⊱┄┄┄┄ eight: coffee and confessions ┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰ ❀

EIGHT: COFFEE AND CONFESSIONS

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•  "Hey, Alice

──────✧❅✦❅✧──────
  "Hey, Alice." I trail after her at the end of Art Class, the wooden crate in my hand bouncing a little. "Sorry, birdie." I whisper.
Smiling cheerfully, she turns to me. "You want Edward's number don't you?" Her smile eased into a teasing smirk.
Completely perplexed, I nod at her. Does she read minds, too? Is it a family thing. "We have to rehearse a scene together from Romeo and Juliet for English, we're partnered up."
"Okay," Alice draws out a long breath, looking at Jasper warily, whose eyes are pitch black, which surely can't be normal. "He'll be pissed at me for this initially, but he'll thank me later. It's destiny." She reasons, to herself it seems, gazing past me. Her hand is held out so I pass her my phone from my denim jacket pocket, and she logs his number into it.
Then, before I can blink, she sprints up to her boyfriend and they leave the classroom.

"Hey, Em. Me and the group are going for coffee, Bella's down. Do you wanna come?" Angela taps me on the shoulder as I'm slinging my rucksack into the car.

"Yeah, sounds good. Where?"

"Sunshine Sally's just down the road, and to the left. They do amazing cakes!" She gushes.

"Do they do red velvet? It's my favourite!"

"Only the finest I've ever tasted!" Angela enthuses, pushing her glasses up.

"Awesome! I'll meet you there. I just gotta wait for Bella." I tell her. Angela smiles, kindly and skips away.

Soon enough, Bella reaches the car and gets into the drivers seat, she's on taxi duty today.

"How you finding it all?" I ask her, turning the radio off so she has my undivided attention.

"Honestly? It's nice, I guess. I miss mom, obviously but it's been nice getting to know everyone. Mike's laying it on a bit too thick with me, though." She chuckles, an amused sparkle dazzles her chocolate eyes.

"No kidding, Bells, kid's got it bad. The only person appealing to me is probably the one that has the toughest wall of ice around their heart." I sigh.

"Let me guess, Edward Cullen? He was giving me some peculiar looks in Biology class." Bella admits, rolling her eyes a little.

"As soon as I delve into his secrets, I'll tell you. They say secrets aren't to be shared, but that's irrespective of my twin sister. As always!" I wink, resulting in us both giggling.
──────✧❅✦❅✧──────
A chorus of greetings are spoken as we sit down at the table in the homely café. The tables all have floral tablecloths covering them with pink flowers in variously coloured vases. The chairs are all randomly scattered and are of different colours. The walls are painted warm shades: some yellow, some orange. There is a small golden bell above the door, the lightening is warm and of a honeycomb shade.
The counter is wooden with white lace draped over it. The display cases showcase numerous sweet treats, it's truly a dreamlike place.