❀⊱┄┄┄┄eleven: the ex files ┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰ ❀

ELEVEN: THE EX FILES

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

Laying in  bed, I trace my lips as I think of Edward. He has the capability to kill me if he so desires, but I only desire more of his presence. I am certifiably insane, I'm sure of it.

Thud.

Edward paces around the room, am I imagining him again, as I do every night? He kneels down at my head, and brushes the hair out of my face, not speaking. His touch is real.

"You're here. You're really here." I murmur sleepily, I turn my head around to see him now stood.

"I'm here, baby. I'm here." The way he speaks to me so delicately, so lovingly, I wonder what justice I did for the universe to grace me with him.

Tired, I shuffle over and he lies beside me, intently savouring the look of me, as if I may fade away at any given moment. "You're breathtaking." He compliments me in a hushed tone, his breath is cold against my flesh, but I've never felt so boiling.

Blushing deep red, I burry my face in his marble chest; Edward chuckles, I can feel his chest vibrate, though his frozen heart is still. Any sound that comes from him that is of a positive nature will never grow to be tiresome.

"Can you tell me about your family, please?" I gaze up at him, Edward's attention is already firmly on me. Although he no longer needs to breath around me, he does, and even though it's artificial, it soothes me.

"Rare for the majority of vampire covens, my family possesses many special abilities. Alice has premonitions, she sees the future somewhat, but these visions can shift." Edward explains to me. His eyes gaze upon my hands, longingly, as if he too wants to touch me.

"She said us being brought together was destiny, what does that even mean?"

Edward sports a deep set grimace as he looks at me. "Visions can change. I want to be with you, but that's not the safest option."

Jerking away from him, I sit on my bed, hugging my knees protectively. "Oh, Edward, just shut up!"

The vampire's golden eyes shine, entertained at my outburst.

"Your eyes, they're dark when you're thirsty, and honey coloured when you're fed." I stroke his cheek, gazing into his eyes.

"Subtle subject change, but correct." He teases me, breathing in my scent and resting his head atop of my scalp, his arms holding me.

"I'm gonna tell you something, I'm kinda embarrassed to admit this to a vampire."
He looks at me, signalling for me to continue.
"Okay so... Bella and I... we have haemophobia, it's a fear of-." I almost gag at the words.

"Blood." Edward concludes; I feel his chest rattle beneath me as he lets out a low chuckle. Shy, I sigh and cuddle up to him more. He grabs at my duvet and covers us.

"So, tell me. What's the deal with the male goldilocks?"

"My family- we like to call ourselves vegetarians, we live off of, if you can call it living, animal blood. Jasper's the newest to our lifestyle; he's still struggling with it all." Edward clears up the holes within my knowledge for me.

Quiet (for once in my life), I simply nod.

"Tell me something... I could read your mind, but tell me how your ex treated you, I wish to avoid making the same mishaps."

"Ooooh, I doubt you'll behave like such a maniac, ironically." Darkly, I laugh, not really finding the situation funny but the only plausible coping mechanism for me.

"Back when I first met him, he was the sweetest kindest boy there was. Then, everyone else started to you know... lose their V cards." Butterflies swirl around in my acidic stomach as I recall the haunting memory.
"I wasn't ready and I'm still not ready. He tried to take it away from me. Unsuccessfully, fortunately, but it was the most terrifying event in my whole seventeen years. I called the police on him, but his father was - or rather he still is - the mayor, so of course he went under the radar of the justice system. Ever since, he's resented me, for being 'the bitch that tarnished his reputation.' He was sent to bordering school, an all boys school and only recently got out.
So, it appears he's traced me to Forks and he's after my blood on his hands."

Shuddering, I whimper. Edward wipes away my salty tears that are running onto my lips, tears I didn't even know I had shed.
"Apart from my parents and my sister, you're the only person that knows about this. I trust you."

Edward's face is that of repulsion and pure hatred. "I should have killed him when I had the chance."

"Edward Cullen, you're a far better man than he is, and to let him go shows your maturity. One day, he'll succumb to his demons and karma will torture his ass!"