❀⊱┄┄┄┄twenty-eight: The Other Swan ┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰ ❀

TWENTY - EIGHT : THE OTHER SWAN

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

The gentle sound of knuckles grazing my door awakens me from my sleep; I rub at my eyes, yawning.

"Ems, breakfast is almost ready! Bella helped me make omelets." My Dad exclaims in a chipper tone, I can almost him on the other side of the door, his soft brown eyes kissed by laughter lines, his goofy smile taking years off of his appearance.

"Sounds yummy, I'll be down in ten, pops!" I croke out.

Looking off to my side, I see that Edward kept his promise, he stayed. He's even feigning sleep, presumably for my comfort.

"Morning." I say, almost as timid as a mouse. His long eyelashes of midnight flutter, gracefully to reveal his orbs of sunbeam-stricken honey.

"Good morning, beautiful." Edward muses, soothingly, his hand caressing the curvature of my spine, like a delicate book.

"You can wait in here, whilst I get changed, just make sure that Charlie and Bella don't see you." I state, sauntering over to my bathroom door.

Like a shot, he whirls around me quicker than the human eye can detect, and he's in front of me.

He crouches down until his mouth is close to my earlobe, his breath kisses my eardrum as words spill out from his lips. "See, I can move. Quick." Edward pulls back and the hairs on the back of my neck prick up at the absence of his close proximity.

"Like this." He smirks in his signature way as he swiftly clicks his fingers.

"Well, your spidey senses are certainly in check! I won't be long."
I chuckle, closing my bathroom door behind me and leaving Edward alone in my bedroom. I hope he doesn't find anything embarrassing in there; let's face it, he probably will.

I place my ipod on the bathroom windowsill and press the shuffle button, before undressing myself.

Prior to stepping into the shower, I make sure that the water is at my ideal temperature, which is pretty hot- in preparation for hell, I suppose.

I'd switched back to cherry body wash and shampoo, I pour the body wash onto my palms and massage the crevaces and craniums of my body. Then, I use Dove soap on my underarms and feet, and my intimate wash for... other places.

Massaging my scalp with the shampoo, I swing my hips, subconsciously to the beat. Then, I condition my locks.

The heat carries me on its cloud as the water droplets race down my body, loosening the knots of tension that had remained stoney inside of me.