❀⊱┄┄┄┄twelve: publically holding me ┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰ ❀

TWELVE: PUBLICALLY HOLDING ME

 •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅• "Something about him is different he's faster, more agile, quite similar to you, in fact

──────✧❅✦❅✧──────
"Something about him is different he's faster, more agile, quite similar to you, in fact.
You don't think he's....?" I cringe, fearfully. Edward traces circles on my shoulder to settle my nerves, or rather try to.

"It's a likely possibly, but he's not getting anywhere near you." Edward's voice burns with anger. He kisses my head, and I feel my cheeks flush.

"Bella's coming." He mumbles, slipping out of my hold.

I hope to God he's around tomorrow.

Edward bends down to my ear. "See you tomorrow, sweetheart." He kisses my jaw softly, and vanishes. Ironically, I feel even colder after the ice cold vampire has left me.

"Em, are you okay?" Bells hops into my bed, and hugs me. "You've been crying, why?" She searches my face for any giveaway.

"Isaac. Bells, what if he's stronger than he used to be?" A queasy feeling makes itself comfortable inside of me. Bella sighs, stroking my arm to calm me down. "Our Dad's a cop with about 50 weapons on hand, if that boy's got any senses, he'll run for the hills!"

I giggle, knowing she's right. "Emerson, move your butt up so I can sleep in here tonight.. just in case the flashbacks resurface." I obey and move to the edge of the bed, practically.
What did I do to deserve such a kind twin?
──────✧❅✦❅✧──────
As it is most often, the sky in Forks is grim, of a grey colour. But, it isn't as bad as I used to perceive it to be, I'll definitely see Edward Cullen today.

"Oh my god!" My twin sister's squeak of awe awakens me, she's gazing out of the window, her mouth wide. I toss a nearby pillow at her for waking me up.

"What is so so important that you're practically squealing?"
I complain, grumpily. I am not a morning person. And squealing is tremendously out of character for Bella Marie Swan.

"Edward Cullen's car is parked out front!" She informs me. At this, I'm fully alert and I jolt up from my bed. I straighten out my bedsheet and duvet, before approaching my bedroom window.

Peering out from the window, I see him, leaning against his silver Volvo. He has on a tight olive coloured sweater and black pants, paired with black shoes, which are usually worn with suits.
Ah, I'm a sucker for a vintage man, no pun intended!
Edward glances up and his eyes find mine. Smirking at me, he taps the roof of his Volvo and motions for me to come down to him. I hid my face, embarrassed to let him see me in my cupcake print pyjama tank top and pastel blue pyjama shorts.

"Bella, will you get me some clothes out, stat?" She starts to rummage through my closet and pulls out a snowy white knit jumper dress, crochet patterned tights and white converse. Stylish, for my sister. I'm proud.

Immediately, I take them from her and dash into the bathroom. I freshen up, brush my teeth, have a morning wash, style my hair into a bun, you know the like...
──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"I brought you a jacket seeing as you neglect your health so often, do you want a ride to school?" He offered, his voice was faltering, it was up to me to decide for myself. I'm not an idiot, I wouldn't say no to the guy who'd finally opened up to me just last night.

"Please. Also, I appreciate the offer of the jacket, but it wasn't necessary." I assure him, stepping in front of him.

Edward shakes his head and holds the jacket out to me, showing no signs of relenting. Powerless, I put my arms into the black jacket, his signature lopsided smirk appears, making my heart hammer inside of my chest.
Like the gentleman he is, he opens the car door for me. And, like the clumsy girl I am, I nearly face-plant the gravel close to the car, but Edward catches me.

"Oops." I cringe to myself. His eyes are locked on mine, as he cradles my head. Edward helps me into the car and walks around to the driver's side.

"You have got to be more careful, butterfly." His tone is that of a mocking nature, but has an undeniable element of seriousness to it. Butterfly? How- oh, the mind reading thing, right.
He switches the radio on to a classical music station and I can't say I mind, it brings me peace, actually, thinking about it.
"Any more questions, today?" He asks, sarcastically. I don't warrant that with a response and just enjoy the comfortable silence between the two of us. I don't feel awkward, I feel as if I finally belong.
──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

We park in between a jeep and a red convertible, which the rest of the Cullen family get out of.

"Extravagant." I commentate. Edward nods as he gets out of the car and walks to the passenger side to open the door for me.

"We like fast cars, although they make us more noticeable, hence my use of the Volvo." He reads my questioning thoughts. He wants to blend, he really hates being immortal. His eyes look misty as he hears this.

"I knew you'd take her to school!" His bubbly sister, Alice Cullen squeals excitedly. Jasper forces a smile as she drags him along with her.

"Alice, please." Edward urges, through gritted teeth; Alice's shoulders sink, making her look even smaller if that's possible. By this point, I'd believe anything was possible, the realms of possibility within my mind have shattered beyond control.

"Sorry." She mumbles. "See you in class later!" Alice waves at me, Jasper's expression remains the same, evidently overwhelmed by the pool of pale faced bags of flesh and bone around him.

Edward boldly slings his arm around my shoulder, tugging me into his embrace, not that I mind. In fact, I'm pretty content. He flips his sunglasses over his eyes, even though there's a hazy fog, I think he's just in a chirper mood. Funnily enough, so am I.

All of the students in the lot are staring at us, practically setting fire to me as my cheeks burn crimson.

"Edward they're staring." I groan, wanting the ground to swallow me whole. He just gives me an entertained smirk.

"I'm going to hell, anyway. Let them stare."