❀⊱┄┄┄┄twenty-six: Intimacy┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰ ❀

TWENTY-SIX: INTIMACY

Edward and I are stood out on my porch, my sister and Jacob are in the yard

I'm jealous. So, so jealous.

There they are, blissfully unaware of their luck. Freely, they're able to hold hands, and they're able to kiss, and the guy I'm falling for is scared to death of showing me the slightest hint of intimacy.

For a moment, I forgot that he could read my thoughts, and I feel my cheeks begin to heat up.

When I turn my head to the side, his face is temptationally close to my own.

"I'll try." His hushed breath tickles at my lips, his hands cup around my face.

His eyes are the darkest shade of syrup, as he brushes his thumb over my cheek, then my lips.

"You're breathtaking."

"you don't breathe, so that's not really a compliment, is it?" I taunt him.

"Shut up, just let us have a moment."

His snow white nose grazes mine, his lips drawing nearer to my own.

He looks terrified, so I lift my hand to affectionaly stroke his jawline, and give him a slight push towards my lips.

His lips of marble pleasently contrast with my warm puckered lips.

The kiss, it was good, too good to be true, but in a world where vampires and werewolves exist, this quality of kissing is real.

My lips part and his tongue dances in harmony with my own, the dance is soft and light, but packed full of passion.

Eventually, I pull away.

"I'm a human, I need to breathe." I laugh, half serious.

"See, I didn't shatter." I point out, and that lopsided smirk that melts my heart is back.

"That you didn't, Emerson. That you didn't."

"I expect to see you later." I lightly kiss him upon his cheek, and gaze, longingly after him as his sillouhette fades into the darkness.

──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

As soon as I get through the door, Bella runs at me, although I hadn't seen her come back into the house when I was on the porch.

"I saw you kiss." She says, I just roll my eyes at her.

"And I saw you and Black playing tonsil tennis." I retort, a blush invades her cheeks and she looks away from my glare.

"Night, Bella." I yawn, checking the time on my phone, it's around 7, and I have some homework due

I kiss my sister on the cheek and give her a warm hug, before saying goodnight to Charlie, whose watching a western film.

──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Rearranging my pillows into a cushioned seat formation, I open up my file and take out my history homework.

Popping my earbuds into my ears, I put on closer by Kings of Leon.

I'm rather focused and work my way through a flurry of questions for a while.

"The answer to that one is the 4th of April, 1968. I remember hearing on the news that he was shot. I attended a few of Luther-King's speeches, actually."

"No way! I bet you've seen so many amazing things!" I exclaim, gazing at Edward in complete awe.

"That may be so; I've also seem a lot of death and destruction." He says as he perches himself on the edge of my bed.

"Pretty bittersweet, I suppose." I consider, shuffling my papers around so that he can lie beside me.

More confidently than before, he attaches his lips to mine, with more ferocity.

This isn't like him, but I can't lie, I do like this side of him.

The kiss grows more heated and his hands travel from my hair to my hipbones, shoving me against the headboard.

Holy fuck.

I notice Edward falter, and then peel his hands and lips away from me.

"I'm too strong, what if I lose control with you?" He shoots up and paces the room.

"Hey, hey, hey." I smoothen out my clothes and walk over to him, grasping his hand. "We'll take it as slowly as you need, but preferably, I'd like to reach more intimate levels before I'm wrinkly and grey-haired."

"Thank you." He sighs in content, kissing my forehead, gently, like I'm as fragile as glass.