❀⊱┄┄┄┄sixteen: dressss and the damsel ┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰ ❀

SIXTEEN: DRESSES AND THE DAMSEL

Jess' dress.

Angela's dress

Angela's dress.

Lauren's dress

Lauren's dress.
──────✧❅✦❅✧──────
Oh, the dreaded day of dress shopping in Port Angeles has arrived.
The party by the fire last night was absolutely fantastic! Love was blossoming between Angela and Eric, and Jake and Bella. We sang songs of a cheerful nature by the warm firelight and I felt truly at peace.

I spent most of the day lounging around watching trashy reality tv and scoffing on snacks, I need to hit the gym! Anyway, it's almost four o'clock and we're waiting for Jess to pick us up. Bella has been spending the day cleaning the house; if I had the energy, I probably would have helped out.
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅
Late as always, Jessica Stanley arrives in her fluorescent pink mini, oh god. I can't believe I have to carpool in that! Lauren has her well versed bitch face on, staring ahead, ignoring mine and Bella's presence. Whereas Angela politely greets us as we get into the back seats of the car.
Jessica drives pretty fast, but given Cullen's driving, I'm not that fussed. My sister and Angela, however look as if they're about to be sick. We get there in an unbelievable amount of time and Jessica eyes the dress shop, screeching to a halt outside of it.
Jessica, Lauren and Angela bound out of the car towards the door excitedly. Whereas Bella and I practically have to drag our feet over to the other girls.
Jessica starts bombarding us with questions about dances in Phoenix. I explain that I didn't go and preferred to stay home with my ex and watch some movies. Bella explains that she was never asked to any of the school dances. Lauren announces that Mike Newton is plotting to ask Bella to prom, much to her horror and Jessica Stanley's extreme displeasure.

"Tyler also told everyone he's taking you to prom." Angela pointed at me. I frown, what's Edward then, invisible?

"A bit whorish if you ask me, playing off both Cullen and Crowley." Lauren snarls in a venomous tone at me. I roll my eyes and walk into the store, I'm not even wasting my energy defending myself to that girl.

The dress section isn't very large, but it is too much for my eyes, anyway. The girls sample many dresses, asking our opinion every once in a while, we just throw out the occasional 'that's nice' or 'the other was better.', but we were not really all that engaged in what was going on. After a tedious two hours or so, the girls settle on a dress of their choice. They then proceed to the shoes and jewellery section.
Lauren and Jessica go to checkout, with Bella in tow, whilst I wait for Angela to try on a few pairs of shoes.
"Hm, I think I'll get these." She considers, toying with the zip on her shiny golden purse.
"Go ahead. This belt matches, too. Plus, it's two for one on accessories." I tell her, running my fingers across the shiny, thin white belt.
She nods and approaches the counter. I sink into a black plushy seat near the door as I wait for the girls.

Jessica flashes her rhinestone jewellery and silver sequin encrusted shoes in my face, happily. I force myself to smile, before getting up to leave.

Jessica, Angela and Lauren go to a pizzeria and Bella goes to the bookstore to find a book on the Quileute legends that she's so intrigued in. Me? I tell the girls I'll meet them at the pizza place later, I just want to explore the tourist spot for a little while.

The place is pretty but not all that populated, and it's too tourist focused for my liking, personally. I permit my feet to be my guide and find myself in a dull, deserted area. Seeing three men, I whip out my flip phone and pretend to send a text, even though the battery is flat, to avoid the men.

My heart beats uncontrollably as their footsteps pick up their pace and come towards me.

"Hey, pretty lady!" A man with rough stubble and scruffy dirty blonde hair and yellowing teeth hollers at me.
Maintaining my composure, I continue walking Eastward away from them.
"Where you goin' hot stuff?" One of his cronies yells after me, hot on my heels.
"Stay back! I have pepper spray!" I bluff. The third man shakes his head and starts to close in on me, my airways constricting.

"Don't be like that, sugar. We just wanna have some fun is all." The first man smirks slyly, causing me to wince out of fear.

This is it. I'm going to get hurt or worse. Life has finally defeated my spirit.

Before, I'm able to blink, there it is. Edward's silver Volvo.

"Get in, Emerson!" He roars, unmoving from the side of his car, glowering.

Recently, I am such a goddamn damsel in distress and it's really embarrassing for me.
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅
PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT GUYS 💛💛