❀⊱┄┄┄┄thirty-three: Haemophobia and Ditching ┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰ ❀

THIRTY-THREE : HAEMOPHOBIA AND DITCHING.

OH, GOD! I REALLY DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS

Biology. Blood typing. Bella and I, we've always had a fear of blood, which is ironic, considering the guy I'm... Involved with, well, he lives off of blood.

I am paired with Crowley, to make matter worse. Mr molina hands out the tiny, sharp needles in their equally small packets to each class member.

"Uh..." I gulp, as I become hyperaware of everyone unpacking their needles.

Tyler flashes a cocky grin my way as he jabs the needle into his arm, presumably hoping to look tough, with a high pain tolerance.

The crimson liquid trickled down from his vein, settling into the creases of his palm, accompanied by the putrid stench of coppery rust.

"Emerson, are you-?" My lab partner, Tyler starts but a dizzying swirl of black consumes my vision.

I can't hear, see, nor sense anything.

That is until I hear him.

"Emerson, are you okay?" He frets. How the fuck did he know where I was? He's not even in my biology. You know, since he transferred

With everything in me, I want to respond, but I can't.

"Baby?" He drops his voice to a whisper so that only I can hear; I can sense that he is crouched beside me.

"I-the blood." I shiver as I squeeze out the words.

"What happened?" Edward asks someone else, but I can feel his eyes boring into me.

"I drew my blood and she- she slumped over." Tyler Crowley responds. Shit. Crowley, he's bleeding, could Edward handle it? His arm upon my knee didn't feel tense, just soothing, so it seem he's okay.

"She has Haemophobia." Edward tells Tyler.

"How do you know that?" Tyler pries.

"Well, we are seeing one another." Edward affirms, I detect the smirk in his voice and my heart grows wings, fluttering around my ribcage.

"It won't last." Tyler hisses in a low whisper, presumably hoping that I don't cotton on to his assumption.

Shut the fuck up.

"You keep telling yourself that." Edward sarcastically quips, I feel a surge of electricity throughout my being as his marble arm of ivory, swoops underneath me. "I'm taking her to the nurse's office."

"No, I'll ta-." Tyler's voice fades into the distance.

Liquid topaz orbs lock onto my own gaze as my eyes flutter open.

"How do you feel, Butterfly?" He asks, deciding to leave my thoughts to myself, instead of tuning into them, it appears.

"I-I'm okay." I stammer. I cringe, noticing my hands are bunched into his t-shirt. "Oh god, you can put me down now."

Teasingly, he winks down at me. "You sure you want that? Anyway we're at the office now." He then carefully sets me down upon the examination bed.

....

"She fainted in biology, she has a fear of blood." Cullen details to the nurse.

"There's always one." The nurse chuckles as I survey the room.

"Edward?" I look around to see him clasping onto my hand as I lay there. I take my hand away, and the desire to give it back to him is almost overwhelming, I sit upright on the bed.

"You can go now, son." The nurse says; the immortal is quick to dismiss this.

"I was told to stay with her."

"Oh, right, um well, if you should feel any worse, you be sure to come back, hon." Sheepishly, the golden haired woman beams, pushing her glasses up onto the bridge of her now.

Politely, I nodded as Edward motions for me to follow him into the hall.

"I'd say now's as good a time as any to ditch." Edward suggests, eyebrow raised.

"Just what I was thinking, where are we off to?" I smirk.

"Where's the fun in telling you?" He teases.

So, you can listen to this thought without my consent, but can't tell me where we're going? That is not fair!

His scotchy syrup eyes glimmer, amused. "You sure are difficult for a human."

"And don't you forget it!" I wink as I open the passenger door to his Volvo.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi,
I hope you liked this chapter!