❀⊱┄┄┄┄thirty-six: Meeting The Parents ┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰ ❀

THIRTY SIX : MEETING THE PARENTS

AS SOON AS I DRIVE HOME, I TEXT EDWARD TO LET HIM KNOW

AS SOON AS I DRIVE HOME, I TEXT EDWARD TO LET HIM KNOW. HE DRIVES LIKE AN UTTER SPEED DEMON SO I WON'T HAVE LONG TO FRESHEN UP.

I take my face wipes and moisturiser out of the pocket in the dashboard of the truck, quickly refreshing my face to look more presentable. Then, I quickly comb my hair with the brush in the same compartment.

"You look lovely."

Being a vampire might not make him scary, but his sudden appearances almost make me shit my pants.

"Sorry, Em, it's just too easy to be myself around you." He confesses, sat in the passanger seat, with an embarrassed smile.

That's sweet, weird but still sweet. That's just Edward summed up as a whole, though, isn't it?

"Hey, you're forgetting I can read your thoughts!" Edward gasps in mock offence, I chuckle.

"That's the thing about thoughts, they just come along, you can't plan them out like words." I shrug, he has a thoughtful glimmer in his syrupy orbs.

"You make a fair point there. So, are you ready to meet my parents?" He questions, placing his hand over mine.

Am I fuck.

"Yes." I lie. I don't even know why I lied, considering he can read minds, after all. A natural human instinct, maybe?

"I can tell you're lying without reading your mind, your nose twitches a little, like a bunny." Breezily, my boyfriend laughs, his eyes glimmering with amusement.

"Do you think they'll like me?" I frown, looking crestfallen. He gently squeezes my hand in support.

"Rose likes you, if you can accomplish that, everyone will like you!" Edward grins, fangs glistening, he's at ease in my presence and it's the most stunning thing I've come to know. Sincerely, I hope he's right.

"Let's get this show on the road!" I exclaim, slotting my keys in the engine and turning them to power the truck into motion. I knew I had to meet the parents, someday, but not usually after three months. Mind you, Edward and I aren't a normal couple, are we?

It's strange, though. His life seems so fast paced, even though he has forever to live, and take his time.
But, I must admit I'm quite excited to get to know Dr and Mrs Cullen.

"Let me drive, we'll get there quicker." Edward says. I don't have a crash helmet, Evil Knievel. Alas, he's right, we will get there quicker and it's around three in the afternoon, three hours until I have to get back to go to crazy golf.