❀⊱┄┄┄┄thirty-seven: Warnings ┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰ ❀

THIRTY SEVEN : WARNINGS

A/N: Deleted a chapter on the golf because it felt out of place and pointless

A/N: Deleted a chapter on the golf because it felt out of place and pointless. I read it and I hated it. So, we'll miss out on that experience.

LAST NIGHT, BELLA WON, DAD CAME SECOND AND I CAME LAST, EVEN THOUGH BELLA HAS THE SPORTING SKILLS OF A BLIND ELEPHANT.

Dad has gone fishing today, we were getting to the crucial point of only one years supply of seafood being available to us. I ate some toast with Bella and brushed my teeth and cleansed my face, but that's pretty much all I've done so far this morning.

I'm still in my Spongebob pyjamas that my Mom got for her, Bella and I to wear for Mom's birthday movie night a couple of years ago and I'm watching a National Geographic show about giraffes, when a knock sounds at the door.

"I'll get it!" Bella enthuses, clambering with her heavy feet down the stairs and to the door.

"Bella, hi!" Billy Black greets my sister in a chirper tone. I turn the volume down so that I can eavesdrop on the conversation better. "Is Emerson in?"

"Yeah, Emerson, Billy Black's at the door, he's asking for you!" My twin beckons.

Shit. Why is it the one time I get company I'm in bright yellow Spongebob Squarepants pyjamas?

"One sec!" I call back, grabbing my tan woolen cardigan and putting it on.

"Hi, Billy!" I smile, warmly. His expression is not cheerful as his voice was with Bella earlier, a cloud of worry darkens his visage.

"Nice pyjamas!" Jacob Black pops out from behind his father's wheelchair, chuckling as he scans my outfit, I have forgotten to button up my cardigan. I hastily fold my arms to close it.

"Bella, Jake, why don't you go hang out down at the reservation?" Billy glances between both Bella and her boyfriend.

"I-Is everything okay?" Bella stammers, her eyes flitting between her boyfriend's father and I.

"Yeah, it's, um, a surprise thing." I lie. Bella looks doubtful for a moment, but once I nod at her to leave, she obeys, taking Jake with her.

"What's the problem, Billy?" I arch an eyebrow, suspiciously. His greying eyebrows knit together, it seems as if he's planning his words out in his head.

Shaking a tub, he speaks up "Harry Clearwater's homemade fish fry."

Yeah, that is not what he's here for.