❀⊱┄┄┄┄ Sixty-one : Shopping With The Girls┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰ ❀

SIXTY ONE: SHOPPING WITH THE GIRLS

LAST NIGHT, I SPENT IT AS I HAVE SPENT EVERY OTHER Night IN THESE PAST FEW MONTHS, SNUGGLED UP TO EDWARD, JUST RAMBLING ON AND ON ABOUT MY HOPES AND MY DREAMS

LAST NIGHT, I SPENT IT AS I HAVE SPENT EVERY OTHER Night IN THESE PAST FEW MONTHS, SNUGGLED UP TO EDWARD, JUST RAMBLING ON AND ON ABOUT MY HOPES AND MY DREAMS. HE'S BECOME QUITE GOOD AT BLOCKING OUT MY THOUGHTS SO THAT HE CAN LEARN THINGS ABOUT ME FIRST HAND, WITHOUT INTRUDING THE DEPTHS OF MY MIND.

I also made sure to call Renee and check in on her and Phill, they're doing well. They've just started to unpack their furniture and other belongings at their new place, and they really want Bella and I to visit sometime in the not so distant future. When I told her that I was going to prom, she shrieked like an excitable teenaged girl and I had to convince her not to fly out and bombard me with her camera, as she usually does on special occasions. Luckily, my Dad assured he'd take plenty of pictures and send them her way.

Now for the biggest task of all, convincing Bella to come with me to the prom. After what happened to us, even if she doesn't remember it, a seemingly stupid thing like prom has rocketed in its level of significance for me. She needs this night of fun and freedom as much as I do, not to mention, I simply wouldn't be able to fully enjoy the night without my twin sister in tow.

Not only that; I have to convince her to go shopping, too.

Before barging into her room, I rehearse my best heart melting pleading expression in the mirror.

"There's no way anyone could say no to that." A throaty gust of wind tickles my neck. Gazing into the mirror, my stomach fizzes with passion. Sure, I look short and stocky and I'm in tatty old pyjamas, but I'm glowing because I'm in love. In love with the man whose marble grasp has captured my waist and whose lips are connected to my neck, just underneath my jaw, sending electrical impulses in rapid succession to branch out into every single one of my nerve endings.

"You're just biased." I smirk, his quiet laughter ripples a wave across the skin upon my neck, where his lips are rested.

"And for good reason." Edward muses, kissing at that area of my neck and sucking, lightly. I have to bite my lip to suppress a moan.

Reluctantly, I shove at his hands and he recoils them from my waist, his liquid topaz orbs mixed with hurt.
"I gotta go talk to Bella. Don't miss me too much!"

"I can't make any promises." He winks, stepping backwards, releasing me from his close vicinity. Remarkably, I feel even cooler once his icy body peels away from me.

"Oh, and wish me luck. God knows, I'm gonna need it!" I jest, lightheartedly; Lord knows I won't be so light in heart once I'm actually in front of Bella.