3. The FlashBack Part 1

Riley's P.O.V: 

I walk into Star Labs with two coffees in my hands, a double for me and a decaf for Hartley. I'm in the main hall. I look around. People everywhere, the place is crowded with hard workers. I walk towards the elevator and go to one floor below. Hartley has got to show around this new kid and I know that that's a whole challenge for him. I continue walking to the room Hartley is supposed to be working in but as I come closer I see my dad has joined him to play chess. Hartley and my dad always had this special connection from the day Hartley walked into Star Labs as a 16 year old intern. That was the same day I met him. He was so nervous and adorable. We had a klick and one year after that day we were a happy couple, and we still are today. I lean against the door opening and watch them play. They are talking in Latin so I can't understand what they're saying. Only after several minutes they notice me.

"Hey sweetie, how are you?" Says my dad. I walk into the room to Hartley, I put his cup of coffee down on the table. It must be cold already. I give him a kiss on his forehead.

"I'm fine, thanks dad." I replie. "When is that new kid coming?" I look down to Hartley.

"I have no idea." He sighs. He really isn't looking forward to it.

"Just be nice and everything will be alright." I say to him and smile. He sighs again.

"Hey Riley, Can you help me out here please?" I hear someone say behind me. It's Caitlin. I give Hartley another kiss and walk away.

Hartley's P.O.V:

I see Riley walk away and I turn my head back to Harrison. He has always been like a father to me. Helped me getting better at scienes and physics. And his daughter, damn she is one of a kind. Luckily he never made a point about me and Riley being together. I look down to the board, I'm about to make a new move as I hear footsteps come closer.

"Doctor Wells?" I turn my head and see a man about the same age as me.

"There he is. Hartley, allow me to introduce you to Cisco Ramon." Cisco walks in and shakes Harrison's hand. "Mister Ramon here is one of the finest mechanical engineers I have ever seen." He continues. I look at them in disbelieve.

"Wow, I can't believe Harrison Wells said that about me." He says with an uncomfortable smile on his face. Harrison puts a hand on his shoulder and says...

"He should prove to be an invaluable member of your team, trust me." I turn my head towards Harrison.

"You I trust." I look back at Cisco. "I don't foresee myself trusting someone who showed up to his first day of work in a billion-dollar research facility wearing a T-shirt that says 'Keep calm and Han shot first'." I end my sentence with a mischivious smile.

"Cisco, could you give us a minute please?" Asks Harrison. He walks away.

"I realize you don't have to explain your hiring decisions to me but maybe for the sake of a fun exercise, we could pretend you did" I joke around.

"I have a good feeling about him. Just like I did with you." Harrison says. I roll my eyes and scoff. "Hartley. You're still my guy. Nothing and no one is ever going to change that."

I'm walking through the halls on my way to the lab. I have to give that idiot a tour in Star Labs. Like i have nothing better to do. 

"Yo, this place is so dope!" I hear Cisco say who's walking behind me.

"What a coincidence, we were thinking of making 'Yo, this place is so dope!' our new slogan." I am actually kind of proud of that one.

"If you're so convinced that doctor Wells made a mistake by hiring me, why don't you try proving it to him." He fires back. Okay if he wants to play it like this, let's find out. I turn around and stare him dead in the eyes for a second.

"Magnetic flux is measured by what?"

"Hall-effect pickup"

"The dual of a parallel RC circuit?"

"Series RL circuit. I can go all day, pal."

Damn it! He's better than I thought. I look away to the right to see the lab, I see Riley working on a project with Caitlin. She turns around and sees me, I smile to her. When she lays her eyes on Cisco she comes walking in our direction. When she arrives she puts her hand out to him.

"Hi, you must be Cisco. My dad has told me a lot about you. I'm Riley Wells. It's nice to meet you." She shakes Cisco's hand and then lays it on my shoulder. "Hey baby, how is the tour going?" She whispers to me.

"He is your boyfriend?" Cisco asks in shock. "But you are friendly!" 

"Don't mind Hartley, he can be a little grumpy sometimes." She smiles. "I have to go help Caitlin with a project, I'm sure you'll meet her later. It's was nice meeting you Cisco." She says and walks away, but before she arrives at the lab she turns around and says...

"Oh and Hartley! Be nice!"

I roll my eyes. I mean I'm being pretty nice right now. Right? I Don't want to be embarrased in front of that weirdo so I change the subject quickly before she disappears into the Lab.

"See you tonight!"

"She seems nice." I turn back around to Cisco. "You don't."

"I give you a week. Max."