7. The Memory

"Yeah, I know. I just... I don't know why." Barry continues.
"Well, you must have done something to piss him off." I say.
"We must come up with a more permanent solution for this problem. Start by reparing Hartley's gauntlets it's a good first step as any." My dad says while looking at Cisco and Caitlin.
They start walking away towards the lab with the gauntlets in Cisco's hands. I decide to go and see Hartley. My heard pounding in my chest. I'm still so confused about this situation, I mean, the love of my life pretended to be dead for two years. That's not... nothing. When I face the door that leads to the pipelines I just stand still, I'm hesitating to open it. The feelings I have are so double because the person I love most in the world is alive and well even if I thought it to be otherwise, but I'm also so angry at him, how could he even think of doing this to me... I decide to open the door. Hartley is sitting on the floor face down just like this morning. When I walk up closer I suppose he hears my footsteps because he lifts his head. I sit down, right in front of him with just a glass cell door separating us. We don't talk for a moment and just sit there quietly. But after a while Hartley starts to talk.
"Are they going to let me out soon?" He asks.
"I don't think so." I respond.
"Hartley..." I say, he looks at me. Stares deep into my eyes. "Remember the day we first met?" I ask with a smile on my face even thinking about it.
"How could I ever forget that." He says like he doesn't know why I'm asking.
"I remember I came out of school right to Star Labs, the new intern was about to show up. I was so excited. I mean finally heaving someone my age at the company..." I continue. "You were dressed in a classy black pantalon a grey spencer and a tye that was way to big for you. Oh how you were nervous! I showed you around, I remember how disappointed you were because you despartely wanted my dad to show you but he didn't have the time. I told you everything about my dad, how intence he could be sometimes and it made you only more nervous. I started pissing you off from that day on. When we got to the lab and you saw what kind of technology we had your eyes started to grow, you were so impressed you smiled like an idiot. That's when I found out you had dimples in your cheeks when you smile. You told me about your parent and their company and how you never ever wanted to work there. That's when we met Caitlin, you tried to listen to what she was saying but in the corner of my eye I could see you couldn't keep your eyes off me. When I showed you to the pipelines you tripped on the stairs and became as red as a strawberry. I couldn't stop laughing and I remember you were kind of embarrased even though you laughed with me. You were supposed to starts your inturnship with Caitlin at 2p.m but we stayed right here in the pipelines talking about our lifes for like 3 hours. I had to beg for Caitlin not to tell my dad, saying it was all my fault. This turned out to be one of the most important days in my life." I tell him.
He is looking at me with a smile of his face and a tear in his eye. I start crying too. Him tearing up has always been my weakness. Then he says it. The three small words I haven't heard in 2 years. The words I missed the most coming out of his mouth.
"I love you. You know that right?"
"I know..." I say back. I smile but by the look on Hartley's face he knows I'm not ready to say it back and he's okay with that. He wasn't the one for the I love you's anyway. What he just said is very rear and I know he's trying to make things up with me but I'm just not ready. Not yet.
"I have to go upstairs." I say.
"Okay." Is the only thing he says back.
I walk away saying one last thing to him.
"I will be back soon..."