20. Red Like Blood

It's been two weeks since the 'Snart situation' as I call it. In the end Barry found all the prisoners and locked them back up, so it ended well I guess. I also haven't been nauseous for 3 days now. Caitlin told me it was probably just a stomach bug. That's good because I started to get worried after the 4th day of nausea.
We also haven't heard or seen anything from my dad yet, or I mean Eobard Thawn of course. I still can't believe I was raised by a monster like him, that he pretended to be my father for all these years. I kind if makes me feel sick again. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"Riley? Are you okay?" I hear Hartley say and I open my eyes. I look down at the stove where I was baking eggs for me and Hartley, which have now turned completely black from being burned.

"Shit!" I shout in anger and throw the pan in the sink.

"Hey, hey, hey, calm down." Hartley says trying to comfort me. When he walks into the kitchen I look at him with tears in my eyes. He walks toward me and hugs me deeply, and I let out another big sigh but this one is full of relieve. I immediately feel better with Hartley's warmth all around me. I feel safe. It's as if he can read minds because he says...

"Don't worry, we'll catch him. I promise."

I don't say anything in return, just hug him tigher.

We got breakfast on our way to StarLabs and when we arrive, to our surprise only Cisco is already in. He's sitting at his desk fiddling with his miniature delorean from 'back to the future' He gives me and especially Hartley a faint smile when we walk into his office.

"Mornin" He says back at concentrating on his delorean.

"Where is everyone?" I ask.

"I don't know, they'll probably be here soon." There's a long pause before he asks... "How are you?" I know Cisco really means it because he took his eyes from the delorean to look at me. He looks slightly worried.

"Better." I say and let out a satisfied sigh.

But before I can say anything else I feel a rush of wind behind me and without the need of turning around I know Barry has arrived. And slowly the rest of the team including Caitlin, Joe, and Iris. The newest addition to our team. Since she's known about Barry's secret she would not leave him out of sight, so that includes StarLabs. We all walk to the main space and start waiting for the alarm to go off. But it doesn't. It's really quiet on the streets for a regular day. A bit to quiet even.
It's been two hours and the alarm has gone off once, for a mugger, nothing special.

"So I guess it's just a quiet day then?" Cisco says out of the blue, I can hear in his voice that he's incredibly bored.

"Yeah, people are probably just..." But I can't finish my sentence.
An extreme force pushes me and I fly against the wall. When I hit the ground I see a red blur. Eobart. I want to stand up but it's as if my legs have given up on what they're supposed to do. I turn my head and try to make out shapes. I hear Hartley scream my name from a distance. Then Barry screams my name too but in a different tone, I know what he means and give all the strength I have left to get up. I try to focus but can't find what I want.

"Barry! He's going to fast! I can't see his eyes!" I yell back at him.
A sharp pain agains my face and I fall down to the floor again. I hear a ringing in my ears and even though everything is happening so fast it feels like a slow-motion scene. I slowly roll on my back and the only thing I can think about right now is to not pass out. I try to look for Hartley but I see even blurrier than before. I hear myself whisper his name between the deep breaths I'm taking. Is he safe? Did he get away somewhere? I try to look clearer and the only two shapes I can make out are the two speedsters. Barry must have gotten the rest to safety.

"Riley!? Riley!? Please try again!" I hear Barry scream but it sounds more like a whisper.
I slowly lift my hand to my right cheek and feel a warm liquid on my fingers. I'm bleeding, and a lot as I can feel. My hand falls down to my side again and when I want to close my eyes a sudden enormous explosion erupts out of thin air. A sharp pain again, this time in my stomach. I quickly open my eyes but before I realise what's happening the shelf has already fallen on top off me. I take deep breaths in, and out, in, and out. The only thing I can think about is the pain. I put my hand out as a desperate attempt to stop Eobard but all I see is yellow shooting out of my hand. It's like an energy force and it feels odd. My stomach becomes warm from the blood and when I look at it I see a huge piece of torn wood has perforated my stomach. This isn't good. Oh my god. I'm starting to panic. I want to scream and shout for help but no words are coming out of my mouth. I hear footsteps running my way. I can make out the shapes of who they are. Hartley is right next to me starting to hold me in his arms, I can see tears roll down his face. Joe and Cisco lift up the shelf and right after they, Caitlin and Iris gasp.

"We need to get her to the lab." Caitlin says.

"This is all my fault." I hear Barry say before I close my eyes.