23. Who Is Zoom?

Barry comes running into the main space, he just took care of a meta. Everyone starts to congratulate him and tell him that he did a good job. Including Stein who joined us this morning, but Barry's expression says that he's not satisfied.

"He said he was 'send' here to kill me by an evil speedster called Zoom..." We all look at him as if we've seen a ghost.

"Eh, what does he mean by that? Who is Zoom?" Joe asks.

"He's dangerous." I turn around to see a tall man standing in the entrance of the main space. Hartley immediately walks over to me and stands in front of me.

"Who the hell are you?" Barry asks.

"My name is Jay Garrick and I'm here to warn you about Zoom Barry." He says calmly.

"We need to do something about the security." I hear Cisco whisper under his breath.

"Where are you from?" Hartley asks him pushing me behind him little by little.

Jay sighs, as if he has explained it over a million times already and we still don't understand. "You're not going to believe me but, I'm from another earth. Other dimension if you will." He says it like it's the most normal thing in the world.

We all look at him, no one speaks not knowing what to say. The fact that I'm confused but not surprised says a lot of what has been going on lately. The next hour went by in a flash, no pun intended. Doctor Stein explained that we have a multiverse and how it works. We're earth one basically and where Jay is from is earth two, and that he can reach us through a so called 'breach'. It's like a bridge from our world to theirs. It feels like my head is going to explode, so much information in so little time. I need a break I think to myself...

I open the big glass door from Jitters and step inside. I decide to get a coffee with Emma my friend from Star City. I look around and see her seated at the very back of the room. I walk towards her and see that she's ordered coffee for the both of us already. She remembered my favorite. A large latte with extra foam.

"Hey girl!" She yells when she sees me walking her way.

"Hey, how are you?" I give her a big hug and sit down in the empty seat in front of her.

"I'm good, I'm good! How about you? How is work?"

"Work is... hectic." I say remembering everything that happened in the past two hours.

"How is Hartley? Haven't seen him since, you know... after he supposedly died." She says with an uncomfortable smile on her face.

"He's great. It's like he never even left. I love him so much." I smile

"And now that he's not here, I can finally ask you a question I've wanted to ask for a long time..." She smiles mischievously. I wait impatiently for her to continue. "So uh, how is he in bed?" She almost whispers.
A huge smile appears on my face and I start to softly bite the side of my finger. I hear Emma quietly yell "Ooohh!"

"Well, let's say that he doesn't disappoint." I joke around. But of course I mean it, he really doesn't. He knows exactly what I want, or what I like. Which is normal for being in a relationship since we were 17 years old. He's gentle and takes care of me, always cautious not to hurt me in any way or form. Especially after what happened, he wants to make sure I'm feeling at my best when we share the bed. His body is amazingly handsome and I wouldn't change anything. I start to dream away just by thinking about when we have these kinds of moments together.

"Hello? Anyone there?" I snap out of my thoughts. "Wow is he that good?" She asks sarcastically.

"Shut up!" I yell at her and laugh.

We both drink the remaining of our coffee and talk about all kinds of stuff. It the first time that someone asks me about my pregnancy and what happened that I can just talk about it. I'm normally not the kind of person who talks about their feelings. Hartley isn't either, but in this situation I found out that it actually helps me to let it all out. Oh, the hour long conversations I've had with Hartley are countless. But it's important to have them, I even think it helped in our relationship. We've never been closer I think.
When we've finished our coffees I say goodbye to Emma and decide to go back to Star Labs.

I'm slowly walking back into the main space, the entire team is there. And someone else, it's not Jay but I can't see who it could be. Hartley is standing right next to the person. I start to walk a little bit faster and when they hear my footsteps everyone turns around. When I see the face of the person standing next to Hartley I come to an immediate halt. Every bad emotion there is is flowing through me at this exact moment, fear, sadness, anxiety, anger, you name it. I feel my eyes turn yellow from the anger. I can't control it anymore, both my hands start to glow yellow too. There is so much energy inside of me and I want to use it all on this person.

"Hey, hey, it's okay." Hartley says and very slowly with his hands in front of him starts to walk towards me. "Hey, look at me. Look at me!" I look at him and feel myself calm down already. The glowing from my hands start to slowly fade away and my eyes turn back to normal too.

"But no, no, how is this possible?" I ask looking desperately at Hartley. He gives me a concerned look in return. I turn to the person. The man who pretended to be my father for over 15 years, the man who took everything away from me even my child. "You're supposed to be dead!" I scream at him as hard as I can. I won't believe it's him, I can't believe it's him. He starts to take a few steps in my direction and I quickly take a few steps back.

"No! Please get him away from me!" I start to panic and Hartley comes running towards me, he takes me in his arms.

"It's okay, it's not him. Don't worry, I'm here." He puts his hand to the back of my head and presses me closer to him.

"Did my doppelgänger do something to her too?" He asks Barry.

"Uhm, yeah you kind of did." He answers akwardly.

"What did he do?"

"Well, he killed her parents, pretended to be her father for a long, long time and also killed her unborn child..." Barry almost whispers to him.