24. As If Nothing Happened (Hartley)

Hartley's P.O.V:
We took a day off, we really needed it. Mostly Riley after just everything that has happened. She doesn't want to admit it but I can see she's exhausted. There is a party tonight, it was Barry's birthday a couple if days ago and we decided to throw him a big party. They even hired an entire party room for him.
I look on the alarm clock, it's 08.54AM. I look over to the other side of the bed and to my surprise Riley is still asleep. I move closer to her and slowly put my arm around her waist. I take a deep breath and enjoy the moment. She's laying with her back towards me, her right hand loosely on the pillow. My arm follows her movement as she slowly breaths in and out. I lift my head and give her a small kiss on her forehead, she opens her eyes.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." I say in a sleepy voice.

"What time is it?" She asks. I turn to look at the clock again.

"9." I answer.

She tries to losen herself out of my grip but I hold her tighter and pull her closer to me.

"5 more minutes." I mumble in her neck and give it small kisses. I hear her chuckle. God, it's like music in my ears. I never want this moment to end.

She turns around so she's facing me, our faces only inches away from each other. I look into her eyes for what seems like eternity. She has the most beautiful eyes, blue with green mixed into it and grey outlining. I quickly turn around and take my glasses to be able to see every detail of her face. I try to put them on but she puts her hand on my face and starts to kiss me. That's just something she does, putting her hand on the side of my face and I love it. I drop my glasses and roll on top of her, continue to kiss her more passionately. I decide to go down a little and kiss her cheekbone and then her neck. She moves her hand up to my hair and I hear a soft moan escape her lips. I smile in between the kisses from the amazing sound of it. I go even further down and place kisses near her breast. Her moans start to get slightly lowder and I look up to her, her eyes are flickering from her original color to yellow and back a couple of times. It means that she's excited and I laugh a little knowing I caused it. I lean back over to her face to kiss her lips but I'm stopped by her eyes turning yellow, it blocks my every movement and I'm frozen. She smiles mischievously and bites her lower lip. It's driving me crazy, if only she knew everything I want to do to her right now.

"No." She says still smiling. Everything in me says not to do it but I can't control it. I roll back to my side of the bed. I hate it when she teases me like this.

"Really?" I asks disappointed. "And what do I do with this now?" I point to the bulge in between my legs, covered by my grey sweatpants which by the way I know turns her on. She laughs in return and stands up from the bed.

"You figure it out." Is the only thing she says before walking out of the bedroom.

I walk inside the living room where I see Riley already dressed on the couch reading a book.

"Did you just have breakfast without me?" I ask in fake shock.

"Well, it took you very long." She answers laughing at the word 'very'. I start to walk towards her. "Shouldn't you get dressed?" She continues without taking her eyes of my abs. I lay down on the couch placing my head on her stomach.

"I though that maybe we could have a relaxing day, maybe cuddle and watch a movie and then go to Barry's party?" I know I'm making her an offer she can't refuse.

"Okay... but as long as we don't have to watch that superhero movie again because I'm really starting to get sick of it." She says.

"Fine, but we're not watching any of your sappy dirty dancing movies." I answer as serious as I can. "We'll look on Netflix okay?" I propose.

When I come walking back from the kitchen with some snacks I see Riley has put on a romantic movie. I give her a look.

"For real?" I ask and lay back on the couch.

After about ten minutes of her begging I just gave in. She lays herself down in between my legs and puts her head on my stomach. I start to play with her hair and she gives me a soft smile. The movie isn't actually that bad but I don't tell her because that means that we'll have to watch only romantic movies in the future so I decide to make my usual comments about how that would never happen in real life during the entire movie.

I'm in the bathroom putting on some cologne. I decided to wear a marine blue shirt, blacks pants, dark brown shoes and my black watch. Wait my watch! I walk back into the bedroom to get my watch which I forgot but when I walk in I see Riley getting her hair done. She's wearing a deep green dress that hugs her figure perfectly.

"Wow..." I whisper under my breath, but she heard me and turns around.

"What did you say?" She asks normally.

"I said you look terrible." I joke around knowing she definitely heard me before. She laughs.

"Well, you look horrible too mr. Rathaway." She says with a chuckle.

I look at her entire body, up and down, again and again. God, she's beautiful! Her hair tight up in a messy bun my favorite hairstyle on her and her soft red lipstick makes me go nuts. Holy shit she's just perfect, and she's mine. I'm the luckiest guy in the world, damn she's so sexy I can't get over it...

"What?" She says while looking down.

"You look beautiful." I answer meaning every single word of it.

"Thank you." She gives a shy smile. "You don't look so bad yourself."

-

"And this one is for all the lovers out there." The DJ yells and puts on a slow dance song.

I don't hesitate and immediatly take Riley's hand and drag her to the dance floor. She doesn't like to dance very much but I'm not letting this chance go by like that. I put my hands on her waist and she puts them around my neck looking at me as if I'm making her eat slugs. I smile at her and she rolls her eyes and smiles back. Yes, success!
I look around, I see Barry dancing with that new cop girl he invited, Iris is dancing with her dad Joe, Caitlin is dancing with Jay and Cisco is dancing with a girl I don't know, probably one of Barry's friends. I see Cisco eying Riley's figure, what the hell is he thinking. I quickly pull her closer to me, hips on each others, trying not to get to excited down there.
I always had a feeling Cisco thought differently about Riley but now I'm sure. It's as if he's hypnotised and doesn't even care I cought him staring at my girlfriend. I look down at Riley, she has put her head on my shoulder looking away from Cisco. When I look back at Cisco I see he's still looking. Okay, we're going to play it like that? I look directly at him and start lowering my hands from Riley's waist to her hips, closer to her ass. Cisco tracing every movement with his eyes. Riley looks up to me and I immediatly kiss her, deeply. She puts her hand on the side if my face like she always does and I slowly open one eye to see Cisco facing away akwardly.
After 2 more minutes of dancing the song ends and Riley tells me she's going to talk to Barry a little bit. I look around and see Cisco standing alone next to the food and drink table. I quickly walk over and pour myself a drink not taking my eyes of him.

"What?" He asks annoyed.

Something inside me snaps. I put my drink down and I take the collar of his shirt and push him harshly against the wall. I'm taller than him which makes me more intimidating. I can read the surprise and fear off his expression.

"Stay away from my girlfriend." I whisper enraged. My upper lip tembeling from the anger and I start feeling a burning sensation in my chest. I push him against the wall one more time and let go of his collar with a jerky movement.

I walk back to Riley and Barry, without looking back at Cisco and do as if nothing happened.

————————————————————
Authors note:
Hey, hope you like the new chapter. As you see I wrote it from Hartley's point of view.
Tell me if you enjoy it, I really liked writing his perspective and will probably do it again.
(Next chapter will be in completely someone else's point of view 😏)

Xxx Britt.