16. Yellow

"What?..." I slowly walk back until I hit the wall of the pipeline cell. I'm so confused, I'm a meta human? That-that can't be true...

My dad turns his head to Barry. A huge grin on his face.

"And I've known for a long time. I suppose you have told her." He stands up. Wait, he stands up! I need some time to process what I'm actually seeing right now. He starts walking up to Barry who's frozen just like me. "For 15 years, I've been pretending to be your father. Hah, you weren't part of my plan." He starts to vibrate his hand.

"Dad?..." I whisper slowly.

"You have no idea how you have slowed down my plans, I could have been out of here for years..." He turns his head to me. "... But I never thought I would grow to care for... you." He almost sounds disgusted when he says 'you'.

"Wh-what is this?" I ask him.

"My name is Eobard Thawn, I'm from the future, I came bach here and now I'm stuck."

"Why did you come back?" I ask still with ultimate fear in my voice.

He turns his head back to Barry with an expression of full anger on his face, his phasing hand comes closer and closer to Barry's chest. 

"To kill him." He says calmly.

Barry has just enough time to reach the panel that controls the cells and opens mine. The door speeds open and I don't have control over my body anymore, fear and anger have taken over. I feel my body step out of the cell.

"No." I say just as calmly as my dad, I mean Eobard said his sentence. It makes him look at me, I feel the same weird feeling in my eyes as I had this morning. Eobard stops all motion he had and his eyes turn yellow, not for just a fraction of a second this time, no they stay yellow. Eobard is frozen as if he has forgotten how to move. I'm so focused on him that I don't see what is happening when it's too late. Hartley, who was standing at the opening of the hall that leads to the cells with the rest of the team, blasts Eobard with a gun, he knocks over and I lose eye contact with him and he's gone, just like that leaving red lightning behind. So he's a speedster too.

Now that he's gone it starts to down on me what just happened, within a couple of hours I got to know that my dad isn't my dad and that he's some evil speedster from the future. My eyes widen from fear, confusion and other emotions I have never felt before. All of a sudden I feel weak and fall to my knees. Hartley rushes over to me and puts his arms around me, I look up to him tears on my cheeks.

"Wh-what just happened? What is happening to me?" My body starts to shake. 

"Hey, hey it's okay, I'm here." I hear Hartley whisper into my ear as he pulls me closer to him. It seems to calm me down a bit. I feel someone else by my side. It's Cisco.

"Riley... are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I say while standing up.

"Riley, would you like for me to test you? You know, just to be sure?" Caitlin says unsurely from behind everyone.

"Yes, please." I say and we both walk towards the lab escorted by Hartley. 

When we arrive at the lab Caitlin instructs me to get on the stretcher so I do. She uses some kind of machine to scan my body and takes in over to the computer. After a while she walks over to me.

"Your father, I mean Eobard was right. You are a meta human. I found traces of dark matter in your limbic system, it's the part of the brain that controls emotions and in your hands." 

"So what are my powers?" I ask her.

"judging from what I have seen I think you have the ability to control people's brain activities and temporarely stop them, like you could probably make someone do whatever you want. It's just the dark matter in your hands I can't explain." She answers. That's when we hear the alarm go off, the whole team including us rush to the computer system. There's something going on on the bridge. Without hesitation Barry rapidly runs away almost knocking us all over from the force of wind he leaves behind. 

"What's going on Barry?" Cisco screams trough the comms.

"It's Thawn, he's kidnapped Eddy." 

"Eddy as in Iris her fiancé?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm going after him." 

We all watch Barry's tracks to see where he's headed, he's running through the entire city. We're all so consumed about what's going on on the screen that we didn't even notice someone waking in.

"Ahhem!" It's Iris. "You guys have a lot to explain." She says with a mad look on her face.

"Iris, What are you doing here?" I ask her. The team knows Iris well since we work with Barry, although she think he's just helping us figuring out what happened to him when he got struck by lightning.

"Why? Why did not one of you ever tell me that Barry is the flash." She spurts out. We all stand there not knowing what to say when we feel a rush of wind again.

"I lost him, again." Barry says while pulling his mask from his face. He comes to an immediate stop when he sees Iris.

"Iris..." He says, when he sees her expression he continues. "I-I can explain."

"Yes, I sure hope you can." She says angrily. Barry points to the lab and they both walk into it. 

"I don't think we should here this, it's a private conversation." Cisco then says.

"But they wouldn't know if we were listening or not?" Caitlin says innocently and Cisco immediatly turns the sound system on. Hartley grabs my arm and pulls me away so we aren't bothered by the sound.

"Hey, you sure you're okay?" He asks worried. I look at my feet unable to answer his question. He puts his finger under my chin and slowly pushes my head up so I'm looking at his face.

"What's on your mind?" 

"It's just, I have the feeling I don't even know who I am anymore, what I'm capable of doing when I lose control, what I'm capable of doing to you." A tears rolls over my cheek, he quickly wipes it away with his thumb. 

"You are still you Riley, still the beautiful and sweet girl I got to know when I was 16, you just have powers now and you will learn to control them. Have faith in yourself. I would never ever love you less for who you are." He gives me a comforting smile.

"Thank you." I whisper and places a soft kiss on my lips.