25. As If Nothing Happened (Cisco)

I don't think I've ever seen her panic like this before. Not even when she found out Harrison was in fact Eobard. The experience of seeing his face again must have triggered something inside her. It broke my heart to see her like that. She took the day off today to recover a bit from everything that happened yesterday. Tonight Barry has his birthday party. It was my idea to hire a party room for him. I look around, I see people dancing, people eating or just hanging around.

"And this one is for the lovers out there." I hear the DJ yell from a distance. I see Hartley take Riley's hand and drag her to the dancefloor. She's resisting a bit, I know she hates dancing in front of people. But then she gives him a smile anyways. I sigh. I walk towards my friend who's standing in a corner.

"Would you like to have this dance with me?" I ask her and put my hand out to her.

"Sure." She says smiling and she takes my hand.

I walk her to the dancefloor and put my hands on her waist, her hands place on my shoulder. I softly shift my head a bit to the right, where I see Riley dancing with Hartley. She's wearing the most beautiful green dress which I haven't seen before so she must have gotten it new recently. Her body slowly moves along with the music. Without realising I change my pace to align with Riley's instead of with my own dance partner. I look up to her face, she's done her make-up very beautifully, not that she needs it though. Her hair is tight up into a messy bun which goes so incredibly well on her, and her red lips just... Then I see Hartley's hands move from her waist to her hips and he pulls her closer. I try not to be jealous but I honestly wish I was him right now. He puts his hands even lower, just above her ass. Riley looks up to him and it seems that without thinking he immediatly kisses her. She puts her hand on the side of his face like she Always does, I wonder what it feels like. I don't want to witness another second of them kissing so I look away quickly to the ground. We dance around for another two minutes or so when the song finally ends. I quickly losen myself from my friend and go the the food table to get myself a drink. In the corner of my eye I see Hartley joining the table and grabbing a drink for himself, he keeps looking at me not taking his eyes of for a second.

"What?" I ask him annoyed. His expression changes drastically and he slowly puts his drink down. Out of nowhere he grabs my collar and pushes me against the wall. I only now realise that he's taller than me, we're usually not this close to each other. I try not to show that he's caused a little fear from his action but I'm not sure if I'm hiding it successfully.

"Stay away from my girlfriend." He whispers full of anger, his upper lip tembling. He pushes me hard against the wall one more time and then let's go of me and walks away.

Shit, shit he must have seen me look at Riley while we were dancing. What am I going to do now? Oh god this isn't good. I look at Hartley and see he's walked back to Riley, he has put his arm around her waist and puts a kiss on her forehead. I try to fight back tears as I see this. No! I'm not going to cry over this! I convince myself. I also decide that I'm not in the mood to party anymore and that I want to go home. But first I need to go and say goodbye to Barry. I look around and she him standing with Riley and Hartley. I debate for a while if it's a good idea to go over but I know I can't leave without saying goodbye, so I slowly walk over to them. The smile Hartley has on his face immediatly fades away when he sees me. I quickly look away from him and face Barry.

"I'm heading home, I'll see you tomorrow. Hope you had a great party." Barry puts his hand on my shoulder and nods.

"Wait you're leaving already? Why?" Her voice gives me butterflies in my stomach.

"I, I'm just not feeling really well." I answer as convincing as I can eyeing him.

"Oh, okay." She sounds disappointed. I hate it when she is, especially in me.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I say and walk towards the exit, not looking back. In the distance I hear Riley ask if everything is okay and Hartley answers that it is with a sweet voice. I roll my eyes. God I hate him. I really really hate him. What does Riley see in him? I try not to think about that. First I have to see what tomorrow will bring me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note:

Hey, hope you like this new chapter in Cisco's point of view. I'm sorry you had to wait this long on it but I've been having this writers block for months and I'm still not entirely out of it. I'm really proud of this chapter but I hope you can still enjoy it.

Xxx Britt. :)