28. Losing You

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I hear a voice say softly. I open my eyes. Hartley is standing over me, I'm lying on a hospital bed in the lab. I look at Hartley confused.

"What happened?" My voice sounds hoarse.

"Well, for as far as I know you had a fight with your doppelganger." He answers. "I'm just glad your back safe and sound on your own world." He sounds relieved.

It's slowly coming back to me now. Barry, Cisco and me walking into a warehouse, seeing our doppelgangers, my doppelganger trying to choke me to death. The memory gives me shivers.

"Are you cold?" Hartley asks concerned as he pulls the blanket higher over me. "Let me get you some water." I nod for an answer and he walks away. I hear different footsteps approaching and see that Cisco walks into the lab.

"Hey." I try to get the word out but I can barely talk.

"Don't worry, your voice will be fine. It just takes some time and a lot of water." He says and I see he has a glass of water in his hand. He hands it to me and I take a sip. The cold water runs down my throat and it feels painful, Cisco probably reads it of my face when he says... "It will get better. It's just soar now."

We stare at each other for a while, I'm not used to it being so akward around him, but then I remember our doppelgangers from yesterday. I look away from him.

"So, you remember our doppelgangers." He asks uncomfortable.

"Yes." I aswer, still looking away.

"Did you tell Hartley?" He asks, I shake my head. He let's out a sigh of relieve.

"Um Riley I have to tell you something." He continues. I'm dreading what's coming next even when I don't know what he's going to say.

"When we were fighting our doppelgangers Zoom dropped by. Luckily Barry and I could hide but Ronnie, your and my doppelganger weren't so Lucky." He looks down. "They're dead." 

"Owh..." Is all I manage to say, I don't know why I feel sad over the death of someone who tried to kill me. 

"What are you doing here?" I hear Hartley somewhat scream at Cisco. He's standing at the door opening.

"I was just checking up." Cisco answers and stands up immediatly and leaves. I want to ask Hartley what that was all about but I'm way to tired to start a fight with him right now. He walks in with a glass of water in his hand but when he sees Cisco already brought me one he put it on the sink far from my reach. He's probably just jealous of Cisco that he got to go to Earth 2 with me and not him, that he wasn't there to protect me. He sits down next to me on the bed and takes my hand. I see his expression change and I know something is going on.

"Hartley what's going on?" I ask him and squeeze his hand a little.

"I just..." I see a tear roll down his face. The last time he cried was when we heard we lost our baby. "I just thought I was going to lose you." He looks away from me so I don't see him cry but it's too late.

"You won't get rid of me that easy." I smile and wipe the tears from his cheeks. He chuckles softly, it's the best sound in the world. 

A few days have passed and everything is back to normal, or at least what you can call normal here with team flash. Today is my first day back and I can't wait to get back to saving people and locking up metas again. I walk into the head quarter. Hartley went out early this morning so he's already there along with the rest of course.

"Ahh! Let the meta hunting begin." I exclaim and put my hands up in the air joyfully. 

"It's good to have you back Riley. I was getting to much testosterone around here with Iris being busy with her brother and you recovering." All the guys look offended at her. Even Jay, who seems to think everything Caitlin says is genius.

"Don't you worry Kate, girl power is back in business." I laugh and put my arm around her. "So, fill me in, what has been happening these days?" 

"King Shark is lose and trying his very best to kill me."