Chapter Six

Dedicated to kawaiipotatoe0

Song: Come and See My Moda — MzVee ft. Yemi Alade. (This song fits this chapter perfectly and Elorm really relates to it!)

**Unedited** (Because I was thirteen when I came up with all this)

"Let me get this straight. He has been making passes at you all day, he kept insulting women and he bought you lingerie."

"Who knew I could've given you that simplified version instead of spending hours narrating the story?"

He laughed. "He's a jerk. I'm so sorry that I didn't come to your rescue sooner."

"I'm not some damsel in distress," I retorted.

He smiled. "I'm not saying that you needed my help but that you want it." He tilted my chin up so that I was looking at him. "I'm just one call away. I'll be there to save the day. Always."

I laughed. "You're letting this being a prince thing get into your head."

"I know right. It's not like I even have a tiara."

I burst out laughing. "You always know how to make me happy."

We bought the popcorn, but it was still about thirty minutes till the movie started and since we had reserved seats, there was no hurry.

"Oh," Michael said, staring at my forehead. "There's a bruise on your forehead."

I rubbed the area where our foreheads collided. I felt pain immediately my fingers came into contact with the bump.

"Ouch! It's swollen! Is it showing?" I asked.

"It doesn't matter," he said.

"No, I need ice. Please. It's embarrassing!"

"No one will notice in the cinema. They'll be focusing on the movie. Even if they notice how beautiful you are and decide to stare at you, the lighting in the room is too dark for them to see it," Michael said. "Not that there's a bump. It's just a bruise."

"Lies. Here, everyone will see the bump!"

He smiled. "I would kiss you, but public kissing is so awkward."

"I know right," I laughed. "I wonder how actors do it."

He came closer. If I didn't lift my eyes or head, my level of sight would be at his chest level, which was why he tilted my chin up with his fingers.

"But I can make an exception for you," he said. His voice dropped dangerously low as his eyes fixed on my lips.

"Everyone is looking at us," I said, almost as breathlessly.

"Let them look."

"Come on, there are too many people. It'll be weird," I whined. I wanted nothing more than to kiss him though.

"I spotted one corner not far from here. A very private one."

I bit my lower lip and slung my arm into the space made by his bent elbow. "Then what are you waiting for?"

"Elorm!"

The moment was broken when I heard that voice I'd recognise anywhere. I jumped away from Michael like an adulterous wife caught red handed.

"Chris, what are you doing here?" I asked him.

He was also holding a bag of popcorn and a bottle of coke. "What happened to your head?" He countered.

It was obvious that that wasn't the question he wanted to ask. He maintained a poker face.

I wondered what he was thinking.