Chapter Forty-One

Song: Dw3 – Mr. Drew & Krymi ft. Sarkodie (I think I would rate this book PG 15/16)

*Unedited* (I've been writing essays for university students; I feel so accomplished. Making money too 😊)

Btw, here's Kofi again since some of you don't know what he looks like.

* * *

"Please, just go," I turned away. I didn't want him to see me cry, and him giving me all this false hope was just too much to bear. Suddenly, it felt like my heart was too swollen for my chest. I wished I could dig a hole in the ground and stay there till the rapture.

"Stop that crap, I'm serious," he replied, coming to my right and crouching in front of me again, "this whole thing is just completely disgusting. That decomposed devil is old enough to be your father, and he's even the father of your ex."

Michael. My goodness, he must be waiting for me. I turned away from Kofi and buried my face in my palms. Maybe this was punishment for me wanting to sleep with someone else's would-be husband. I couldn't even believe that I was thinking of having pre-marital sex.

"Hey," Kofi grabbed my hands and pulled them off my face, "look, don't be stupid or difficult. I won't force you to accept my help and who knows, I might change my mind and realise that this is too uncharacteristic of me, so you had better make use of this opportunity as quickly as you can."

I snatched my hands away from him. "Don't touch me."

He groaned and facepalmed. "This is so strange. I should leave you to your fate... but I can't okay? The thought of this makes me so uncomfortable that I want to throw up. I'm shoving my help down your throat whether you like it or not."

"Wh-why are you doing this?" I asked, frowning. I wiped my face clean of tears as he answered.

"I've already told you. It makes me feel queasy and this is just what I want to do. Don't ask me anything else."

I glared at him. "How exactly are you going to 'help' me?"

"Well," he grinned, "by using your very own trick against him." He said. He stood up and leaned his back on the wall, looking so proud of himself.

"What?"

"Okay, I guess this wasn't entirely your trick, more like the trick that was used against you–"

"Kofi, what are you talking about?" I interrupted.

"You're going to drug him, of course." He replied.

I rolled my tear-free eyes and let out a breath. "Then he's going to know that I did so and then he's just going to rape me. You realised you'd been drugged the following morning."

"Not with sleeping pills, you halfwit," he glared at me like I was supposed to somehow know his plan, "you're going to drug him with the exact same drug Mr. Mark's son drugged you with."