Chapter Thirty-Nine

Song: End in Tears – KiDi (This is one of my most favourite songs right now)

*Unedited* (Stranger Things. I get the hype now. Anyway, my Netflix account is facing some problems right now so expect more regular updates)

"I knew it. I knew there was so much more dad was hiding from us. What I don't get is why he chose to disclose everything to you." Nathan said.

Kofi sat on the bed and glared at Wolfgang. "Because he knows how much of a pushover this man is."

"Devan," Nathan warned.

Wolfgang sighed. "No, he's right. Dad told me everything because all I live for is to please. I am a pushover."

"No, you're not." Nathan stood up and got closer to his brother.

I rolled my eyes, not willing to stay for this stupid family reunion or whatever it was, so I just opened the door and left.

I went to Kofi's room since I still didn't have my own, and set Elikem on the bed. I lay down beside him, tickling him and listening to the sound of his excited giggles. He looked generally happier now that he was with me and I couldn't help but feel happy myself.

Even though the rest of my family was still suffering, at least I had him back and I would take care of him and make sure he was safe. He turned on his stomach and crawled towards me, taking my hand and gnawing on it.

I didn't realise when we both fell asleep, but I was shaken awake in the middle of the night by none other than Kofi.

When I opened my eyes and saw him, he motioned with his index finger over his lips, telling me to be quiet. I frowned and he pointed at my baby brother, who was asleep beside me.

I turned back to him and frowned. "What do you want?"

He grinned. "You're sleeping on my bed."

"And so?"

"What do you mean by 'and so'? Where should I sleep?"

"I don't know. The floor looks comfortable though." I shrugged.

"The floor? You want me to sleep on the floor in my own room, in my own house?"

I looked at him with a brow raised. "Did I stutter?"

He just stared back.

I closed my eyes and turned on my stomach, getting comfortable.

"Hey, don't go back to bed, we're not done talking!" He complained.

"I'm done. If you want to stand there all night, be my guest."

"Who the heck do you think you are? You can't come out of nowhere and claim my bed for yourself."

I snored particularly loudly.

I heard him sigh. "The only reason why I'm not throwing you out right now is because of the child."

"Forgive me if I don't believe that. You've tried to kill me three times already, I can't possibly believe that you care about my brother."

"He's a child, it has nothing to do with him being your brother." He moved from wherever he was standing and lay down on the right side of the bed, far away from Elikem and I.

"What are you doing?" I asked, frowning.

"I'm not going to sleep on the floor," he said, like the idea of it alone was completely ridiculous.

I didn't want to wake up entangled with him again. I knew myself, I liked to cuddle, and my sleeping brain did not realise what or who exactly I was cuddling. It didn't care. "You're not sleeping here."