Chapter Twenty-Two

Song: Tomorrow - Stonebwoy

*Unedited* (1am lol)

I was in front of a large dressing mirror. Women I didn't know were dressing me up like a doll. My lips were coated in lip-gloss, my hair had been curled and my face was covered in foundation. The realisation of what was about to happen to me hit me hard in the face. When it was nearing nine pm, the other prostitutes and I were transported to a different mansion. The ride took so long that I became car sick, and it was difficult to keep my food down.

During the ride, it was the same as before. Women of the same colour spoke to each other. Barbie was not in my van, but Ginger was, and she kept shooting me annoyed looks. It had come to my notice that the other women thought that I was 'the boss' girl' just because I stayed with him. It was laughable, to be honest. I began receiving the envious looks I've been subjected to my whole life. At least something felt normal.

The new mansion was quite identical to the previous one, except this one was at a more remote area, if that was even possible. There were no signs of life, not even birds. It was truly ominous; how the other women didn't even look the least bit frightened was over me. Kofi pulled the van door open and the women began to disembark. They stared up at the mansion whilst Kofi held out his elbow for me. I slung my arm through his as we went into the building. Ginger glared at me, making me avert my eyes.

"You look so nervous," Kofi whispered into my ear. He was so close that his breath fanned over my exposed neck.

"I am nervous," I replied.

"No one's going to want to be with you."

"That's good news. I guess I'm going to be looking nervous all the time then."

He managed a smile. "I'm afraid that's not enough. Even I must admit that you look edible tonight." He said. I turned to him with wide eyes as he stared on with an innocent look in his eyes. "I mean, more than you usually do."

"Are you okay? You sound a bit under the weather." I stated, feeling his forehead.

He pulled away from my touch, laughing in undertones. "On a more serious note, I do not want to hear any complaints."

I sighed. "I don't even know what I'm doing! How can you not expect any complaints? To be a prostitute, I don't know, don't I have to have some experience?"

He sighed and rubbed his forehead with his free hand. "Perhaps having you work tonight was a mistake."

"You think?"

"You really have to have this problem taken care of."

"What problem?"

He stared purposely.

I glared. "I'm not sleeping with some random man."

He rolled his eyes. "You don't have to if you don't want to."

"Really?"

"I mean, your fiancé is coming tomorrow. Just sleep with him and get it over with."

I choked. I coughed, trying hard to breath as Kofi gently patted my back.

"You must be the only person I've ever met who can successfully choke on air. What a way to die. Death by choking... on air," he laughed.

I stared at him incredulously. "Do you not understand how I feel about this?"

"You said you love him. I don't see why you wouldn't want to sleep with someone you love."

"That's not how it works!" I bellowed.