Chapter Fifty-Six

Song: Mi Casa, Su Casa — Korede Bello (Someone — American, I presume — literally asked me "You write good English for an African, but how do you have an electronic device?"💀)

*Unedited* (Y'all aren't going to see the ending coming, I bet you🌝)

I woke up chained in a bathtub. My hands and ankles were shackled together in such an uncomfortable position that I couldn't move. My wrists were forced beneath me and the chains that held them bound were connected to the chains that held my ankles bound too. It was a very uncomfortable situation, but at least I wasn't dead yet.

I lifted my head and looked around me, finding Kofi in a slumped position, eyes shut. Turning to the right, I immediately recoiled upon seeing Mr. Faye looking at me with those cold, poisonous eyes. I shuddered, wondering if he'd been watching me while I slept.

"You're awake? Marvellous," he said. He went to Kofi and delivered an elbow jab to the side of his head. "Wake up, you fool."

Kofi was startled awake, coming to attention quickly. He blinked multiple times to adjust his eyes to the light. He sat up, looked at his uncle, looked at me, then stood. "What is this?" He asked.

Mr. Faye looked at him, his green eyes filled with venom. "I was wondering how to get the job done," he carefully placed the gun he was holding at his feet. "I'm not into gore, so stabbing and all that bloody crap is out of the picture."

"You're not into gore?" Kofi frowned. "Look at my parents."

Mr. Faye smiled proudly. The smile disappeared from his face in an instant. It was strange how he was like that. He'd smile and the smile would just disappear from his face, or he'd be frowning and suddenly smile out of nowhere. He was insane like that.

"I thought about having her burnt alive, but that would be too quick and again, I don't like gore. Buried alive, but then I changed my mind because that would give you enough time to rescue her. Then I thought about just drowning her."

So that was why I was in a bathtub. Honestly, I was calm because I didn't believe that I was going to die that night. Call it intuition or overconfidence, I just knew that I wasn't going to die that night.

"I won't let you do that," Kofi said.

"I'm not done, be quiet. I'm not going to drown her anymore, I changed my mind. See, while you both were knocked out, I thought of the movie 'Titanic' for some reason. I thought freezing to death was romantic," he cocked his head to the right. "So I'm going to fill that tub with cold water. Maybe thirty–two degrees? I heard that can lead to death in about fifteen minutes."

Kofi eyed the gun on the ground, then quickly lifted his eyes so that his father wouldn't catch the movement. He observed the insane man with intense hatred. "And after that? What happens? Will you kill me?"

"We'll get there when we get there," he said. He came to me and turned on the Jacuzzi's water jets.

I closed my eyes, anticipating the cold bite of the water, but when the water began to surround me, it wasn't cold at all. Mr. Faye observed me, probably watching for my reaction. When I looked at him, he smiled. He removed a piece of cloth from his coat pocket and bound my mouth. He did it in a way that prevented my tongue from getting enough space to move. The gag was pressing down on it, I couldn't even close my mouth fully.

What was the lunatic planning?

"Where did you take my parents?" Was the first thing Kofi asked as he saw the water surrounding me. His eyes were darting around the bathroom, going to the gun, then coming back to me. He was panicking. He was being too obvious about what he was planning to do.