Chapter Nineteen

Dedicated to  EnyonamAugusta for all her love for this book. Ilysm :)

Song: Sisa King Promise.

"I really don't want you sleeping in my room." Kofi said. He was inching his way around my blankets and rug, not wanting to touch them.

"I don't want to sleep in your room either. Here's a good idea, take me back home and you can have your room all to yourself. Yes?"

He stared at me. Unamused. "Come on."

"Where to?" I asked, following behind him.

"You heard the doctor's orders."

The mention of food made my heart jump with happiness. I had hoped I would get to prepare it though. I didn't trust other people much when it came to my happiness aka, food.

"What am I having?" I asked, trying to keep up. He was walking too fast.

"The same thing everyone else had."

"Won't it be cold? I don't like cold food."

He stopped and turned around, backing away from me. "Stop getting so close."

I smirked. "Germaphobia?"

"No. I still don't know what you have. It could be contagious so stay away."

I frowned. "You can always send me away."

"For the last time, Elorm, forget that. You're staying here until you die."

"Don't say my name like you know me."

"What?" He asked, his poker face slipping for a second to show confusion.

"Don't say my name like that, Elorm, like you know me or we're friends." I glared at him. I didn't like being treated like I was disgusting.

He folded his arms. "What do you want me to call you then? Annoying bitch?"

"Anything but Elorm," I nodded out of spite.

"Fine, annoying bitch."

If there was anything I hated being called, it was that 'b' word. It oozed disrespect, making me boil with anger. "Take me to the food." This time, I walked ahead of him, even though I didn't know where we were heading.

With a tissue carefully wrapped around his hand, he unceremoniously steered me into a kitchen and from there, into the attached larger room that was the dining room. It was large, with a forty–seater table, and airy. The floor–to–ceiling windows were left open so that a fresh breeze wafted into the room. A chandelier hung from the centre of the roof, although quite unnecessary in the bright morning sun.

"There's no food here. And why is the table set with empty plates and glasses?"

"I assume you know nothing about decor in your village?"

I smiled viciously. "It was just like at the palace. Houses that looked like they could be in a magazine but will never have a homely feel. I always shivered when I passed by the dining room. So pretentious."

He didn't deign to reply.

"Um, the food?"

He turned around and walked out whilst I seated myself at the head of the table. When he came back in, he was closely followed by two servers. One of them placed before me a bowl of oatmeal along with a plate that held sunny–side up eggs, bacon, sausages, and baked beans. The second server simply poured me a glass of orange juice.