Chapter Twenty-Three

Song: Dzigbordzi - Lord Paper

*Unedited* (Because ants have rights too)

"Really, Elorm, should I be surprised? I expected this much from you so, I guess not," Etornam laughed.

Michael's eyes were focused only on me; pain and anger coursing through them. Yet, they shone with the intensity that only love could bring about. I felt my heart leap with hope and happiness.

"Seeing you here, dressed like this, with a strange man. Wow, you've really outdone yourself princess," Etornam continued.

I didn't tear my eyes away from Michael's. I knew I wasn't dressed in the most conservative attire, but that was no fault of mine. I was dressed to turn heads, and decency never managed to do that.

"Did I say princess? My bad, I meant prostitute. I'm the only princess here."

"Do you ever shut up?" Kofi asked, sounding more exasperated with her than he'd ever sounded with me.

Etornam looked at Michael indignantly, probably expecting him to say something in her defence, but she only frowned more when she saw that his eyes and attention were focused solely on me. "Baby," she said, placing her hand on his chin and turning him to face her. She leaned and pressed her lips to his lightly.

It was like something had grabbed hold of my organs and twisted them into tangled mess. I gasped, my lungs failing me. I'd never felt a medley of emotions such as this. Jealously, red-hot anger and searing pain. This is what it must've felt like when Michael saw me kiss Chris. I couldn't even find it in me to be angry even though our engagement hadn't been broken off, seeing that neither of us broke up with the other. The fact that I'd absconded - according to village laws - meant that I had broken the engagement, and I'm sure he believed that I had too.

Etornam pulled away and smirked at me. "You must've heard that your ex-fiancé and I are getting married."

Michael looked at me again. "I decided to turn my sights towards more decent girls."

Another fresh wave of pain.

Kofi laughed. "You have no idea what you're talking about."

"And who might you be?" Etornam asked with an arrogantly arched brow.

"Someone who already doesn't like you," he replied, frowning. He turned to Michael. "can we leave now?"

"Of course." He and Etornam returned to the car.

Kofi came up to me and offered me his hand, helping me off the road. "Well, she's a bitch."

"Tell me about it," I replied. Kofi and I went to the backseat. Surprisingly, he made sure that I wore a seatbelt.

"Now that I know about your suicidal tendencies, I'm not taking any chances."

I cracked a smile.

"Weirdo," he muttered, making me smile even wider.

I spotted Michael glaring from that small glass in the car. I really wanted to be angry with him for that comment, but I couldn't find it in me. He wouldn't possibly have guessed that Wolfgang kidnapped me and I was being forced to sell my body. Then again, there was the pressing issue that I needed to sleep with him. Even as the thought rolled over in my head, I wanted to curl up into a ball and cry my eyes out. It sounded so wrong, but I didn't want to be raped by Wolfgang; because I'm sure as hell that any coitus I might have with him wouldn't be willing on my part.

The ride back to the mansion in the forest was even longer than the first trip. Maybe that was because Etornam kept her hand on Michael's thigh, rubbing it and eventually going further up. At a point that was too much for his male anatomy, he jerked forward, accidentally slamming his foot onto the brakes and making the whole car lurch forward then stop.