Chapter 4: The Family Knows

Adam pulled into the driveway of his and Ericha's home. Cerise had moved out to go live with Judson when she was 19.

So the only kids left at home were 17 year old Stephen and 5 year old Rosemary. Adam unlocked the door, stepped inside, and shut the door softly.

He then went up to his Ericha's bedroom and lost his mind. Adam screamed into a pillow. Ericha, who was in the master bathroom brushing her hair; came out.

"Babe? What's wrong?" Ericha asked. Adam looked at her. "Cerise is pregnant."

Ericha looked surprised. Surprised with his reaction. "Pregnant? Isn't that a good thing? Wouldn't you be excited?" She asked

Adam shrugged. "normally yes. I'd be extremely excited. But I'm not. Because Cerise doesn't know who the father is."

Ericha was shocked by this. "How does she not know?!" She yelled. Adam recounted about the night she got pregnant.

Ericha shook her head. "Unbelievable." Stephen had overheard the conversation. "Cerise is pregnant?" He asked. To which Adam nodded.

"What doeth pregnant mean?" Asked little Rosemary. Stephen laughed as he picked her up. "Well Rosie, it means that Cerise is gonna have a baby."

Rosemary got excited. "A BABY?! WOW!!!! A WITTLE BABY?!" Adam laughed and with a soft shake of the head said "yes, a little baby that you get to love on and hold."

Rosemary giggled and squirmed down from her big brother's arms. She ran to her room to draw her sister a picture.

Ericha shut their bedroom door. Shaking her head once more. "What happened to waiting til marriage for sex?" She asked.

Adam sighed. "Well, I guess when she moved out her no sex before marriage plea flew right out the window. She doesn't live in our house anymore. She's her own person. She makes her choices."

Ericha rubbed her head. "Nothing we can do but support her through the process. Austin is gonna lose his shit."