Chapter 14: Papa Adam

Adam got to meet his grand babies an hour after Cerise. He reached his hand into the incubation box where the infants were laying and touched them carefully. "Good evening you beautiful little miracles. I'm your papa. Your mommy did such a good job. I'm so proud of her." He told them.

The twins responded to his voice by staring at him. The nurse smiled. "You can hold them. They're fully developed babies. We just wanted them in here to be sure their lungs were done developing." She said and took them out of the box.

She laid them in his arms. Adam cradled the two babies. He rocked them and happily got lost in their eyes.

His mind flashed back to the day he held his little Cerise for the first time. Content, and in his own world, Adam didn't notice Ericha come in.

Ericha sat next to Adam. "Amazing isn't it? Cerise had babies."

Adam nods softly and kisses their heads. "Thank God, Lincoln looks just like Judson did when he was a baby." He said.

"That's good..... but they already took Loreli's blood." Ericha replied. Adam shrugged at the comment. "Either way? Judson's the daddy no matter what. We'll know for sure in a few days."

———

A few days later Cerise and Judson got the results in the mail.

Judson and Cerise were well rested because they didn't get to bring the twins home yet. Judson took the envelope from her and opened it up.

He took a deep breath, unfolded the paper, and read it outloud.

"Dear, Judson Brown and Cerise Rupp. I am happy to say that Judson is 99.999% the father of Lincoln and Lorelei. Congrats Cerise, I was wrong. Although rare, you were able to have two healthy babies. Congratulations. Enjoy parenthood.

Best Wishes, Dr. Jasmina Hira, MD/OB"

Cerise squeals and kisses Judson. "Babe, oh my god I'm so happy you're the dad."

Judson kissed her back. "Thank god." He replied. His face filled with relief.