Chapter 6: I Bet

Cerise woke from her nap and got off the couch. She went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. Her face was red and her eyes were puffy. Clear signs that she had been crying.

Cerise grabbed her phone and checked the time. It was 9:00pm. Cerise ate some dinner and texted Lydia to come pick her up.

——

Lydia was asleep in bed with allergies when she got the text. Lydia climbed out of bed with a sigh and put on an outfit. She walked downstairs and opened the door.

Rob cleared his throat causing Lydia to jump and face him. "What are you doing out of bed?" He asked.

Lydia shrugged and handed Rob her phone. "I need to go get Cerise. She's home alone." She replied.

Rob shook his head. "No. You are not going to get her. I will go get her. YOU go back to bed."

With that, Rob left. He drove to Cerise's house and texted her to let her know he was outside.

When Cerise got in the car Rob huffed and pulled out of the driveway. "So, I have a question." Rob said.

"Okay?" Cerise said. Rob continued to drive "WHY are you home alone and WHY did you want to be picked up?"

Cerise coughed, a hand on her stomach. She found this to now be a habit. "I'm just having a rough day and in a mood." She replied.

Rob didn't bother to ask questions. Instead he pulled into a fast food parking lot. He had seen this mood 2 times.

Rob looked her in the eyes and took her hand. "I bet you're pregnant huh? I bet that your parents didn't react the way you hoped they would've. I bet you're scared. I bet you're worried for that baby's future. Aren't you?"

Cerise stared in disbelief. "How did you know?" She asked. Rob smiled. "Because I've been there. Scared to death of the outcome. Becoming a parent is a very real and scary thing.

No one is ever truly ready. You learn as you go. As they grow, you grow. As they learn, you learn. Parenthood is a stressful but beautiful thing. You'll love being a mommy."

Cerise hugged him "How did you know that I'm expecting?" She asked. Rob smiled again "Cerise, you have that beautiful glow. I don't know when this baby was made. I don't care to know what happened. Just know that I am here. We all are."