Chapter 18: Take A Break

Cerise took the twins over to her parents house. She was nearly in tears at the thought of leaving everything she's ever known behind.

Adam picked up the kids. "Hey babies!" He exclaimed. The twins cooed. He laughed until he looked up and saw Cerise's face. He cocked his head to the side "Are you ok?" He asked.

Cerise began to cry "Daddy. Judson wants us to move." She whimpered. "Move? How far? Like, up the road?" He asked with his eyebrows furrowed.

"No, to Georgia." Cerise cried. Adam nodded, addressing her feelings of uncertainty. "Do you want to?" He asked.

"I don't know." Cerise replies with a sniffle. Sighing, Adam invited her in. They sat on the couch together as Cerise let out all her emotions.

He rubbed his eyes. "I gotta admit Cerise..... I don't want you to go. However, I do think this could be a great opportunity. Maybe you should....."

She looked at him "you.... you think I should move?" Adam shrugged and kissed her head. "Like I said. I don't WANT you to go. I never want you to go. You're my little girl. My pride and joy. My everything. But it might be best for you. You need to spread your wings somehow."

She nodded softly. "But what if another opportunity comes up?" She asked. Adam smiled softly "Baby girl, there will always be opportunities. What are you feeling?" He asked.

Cerise shook her head. "I..... I feel.... tied down. Overwhelmed. I didn't think I'd get married at 21. I didn't think I'd have children. I....."

Adam put his hand on her shoulder. "Do you still love Judson?" He asked Cerise looked up. "Of course I do. I love him SO much dad it hurts. I just.... I think it's all so much. Moving out of state..... children.... a wedding to plan. I'm stressed."

"Maybe you need to just take a breather. A break. There is so much pressure on you right now. I can feel it." He replied.

Cerise sniffles once more. "You're right. You're absolutely right." Adam hugs her. "Beautiful girl. You'll make the best decision you can for yourself. I know you will. I just think you have so much on your plate. So much that you're trying to handle alone and can't. Take a break."

A couple hours later Cerise decided to head home. Adam offered to watch the kids for her. She thanked and hugged him.

After leaving the house, Cerise stopped by the store to grab some items. With so much on her mind she didn't notice a car speeding toward her as she crossed the parking lot.

Cerise heard someone yell her name. With that, she looked up and gasped.

Everything went black.