Chapter 16: Austin and the Twins

Austin got his chance to see the twins again when Cerise and Judson decided they needed a night out when the babies were 6 months old.

Judson knew Austin could and would gladly watch over the infants while they were gone.

Austin quietly walked into the nursery where the twins were sleeping. He listened to the front door shut. Letting him know the couple had left.

"My goodness they're adorable." He thought as he watched over them.

Austin sat in the rocking chair across from them and quietly read the bible.

He looked up from his bible verses when Lincoln let out a whimper.

"Well hello little one." Austin said. He set his bible down and picked up the infant from his crib.

Austin changed Lincoln's diaper before feeding him a bottle. "Did you have a good nap?" Austin asked to which Lincoln cooed in response.

Austin rocked Lincoln and cuddled him until he finally heard Lorelei start crying.

"I was wondering when you were gonna wake up." He said. Austin put Lincoln back in his crib before tending to Lorelei.

Austin took the twins into the living room after a bit and played with them. Eventually, Austin and the twins fell asleep on the floor.

Judson and Cerise came home an hour later. "Look babe. Not only did dad wear the kids out. He wore himself out." Judson said with a laugh.

Cerise giggled as she picked the twins up off the floor. She went to their bedroom and tucked them in.

Judson moved Austin to the couch and covered him with a blanket. "Night dad. Thanks for watching the kids." He whispered before turning out the living room light.

Judson and Cerise head to bed shortly after. "Thank god for our dads." Cerise said as she laid her head on Judson's chest. "Where would we be without them?" Judson replied before kissing her on the lips.

Cerise smiled softly and happily drifted off to sleep.

A/N: short filler chapter. Send me ideas if you have any! -Alexis