Chapter 8: Rob Gives Adam a Talk

Rob and Kelsey dropped by Adam and Ericha's house unannounced. Rob knocked on the door.

Adam got up and answered, Rosemary attached to his hip. "What are you guys doing here?" He asked.

"We need to talk to you, damnit." Rob said, a little annoyed. "Uh.... okay?.... but Ericha's at work." Adam replied.

"That doesn't matter." Kelsey said. Adam sat on the couch. "So, what's up?" He asked.

Rob took a deep breath, usually a pretty calm guy was all of a sudden pissed. "You need to lighten up on your daughter. She's giving you a grand baby!

This is probably the only time she will ever give birth. She's gonna be a mama.... and she's terrified. She needs you and Ericha more than ever. 

This is your first grandchild. Aren't you excited?" Rob asked. Adam stared at him before he sighed. "Yes. I am. I really really am.... but she's still my little girl... the thought of her having a baby of her own scares me."

Rob nodded. "Dude, I understand. I have a daughter too. However, Lydia wasn't told she'd never have a baby. Cerise was. She's pregnant. That's a miracle for her."

Kelsey chimed in. "Call her. Come over and see her. Give her a hug and tell her you're happy for her. Be the person she needs right now."

Adam nodded. "Yes ma'am. Okay. When Ericha gets home I'll drop by your house." Rob smiled "Good. That's what we like to hear."

——

Later that day, Adam did as he said he would and dropped by. Cerise was curled up on the couch in the reading room with a book in her hand.

Adam knocked lightly and stepped inside. "Hey baby bug.." He hesitated. Cerise looked up, "Oh.... Hi daddy." She replied.

Adam hugged her. "Baby bug I'm so sorry for not saying that I'm excited for you. I really really am. I just didn't know how to react.... and I reacted the wrong way."

Cerise hugged him back and sniffled. "Daddy.... it's okay. You had the right to react this way. I'm.... I'm a slut."

Adam looked at her "No you are not. Don't you ever call yourself that again. What gave you that idea?"

Cerise sniffled. "I called Derrick today to let him know the baby might be his... and he called me a slut and a whore. He said if the baby is his, he doesn't want anything to do with it."