Chapter 10: Drama

River and Adam left the house. Derrick followed. "Give me another chance!" He yelled.

River turned quickly. "What? You want ANOTHER chance to fuck up?! You've had 4 chances to fix shit and that never happened. Oh, and by the way, have fun paying child support. I'm done. I am SO glad that pregnancy test I took last week was negative. Sign the damn divorce papers."

Derrick smacked River across the face in rage. This led to an all out fight.

Adam stood and watched the argument for about 10 minutes. His blood was boiling when he saw what Derrick did.

Before Adam knew it, he had Derrick pinned down on the concrete and had punched him in the face three times.

The two physically fought for 15 minutes until the cops broke it up. The cops took Derrick into Custody after River explained what had happened.

"Are you okay River?" Adam asked. River sniffled. "Yeah.  Can you take Abby for a couple days while I sort stuff out with the courts?" She replied.

Adam simply nodded, picked up the toddler, put her in the car and left. Adam drove home and took Abby inside. Abby was asleep on his shoulder.

"Wh-What Happened?!" Ericha asked in shock. Adam shrugged "Derrick happened."

Ericha sighed. "How's River?" She asked, having noticed her toddler.

Adam shrugged once again. "Fine, despite all this. She deserves better." Ericha agreed. "Poor Abby.... having to see that."

Adam shook his head. "Oh she didn't. I put painted over sunglasses on her and covered her ears. She didn't see a thing."

Ericha smiled softly. She took Abby from his arms and laid her in the guest room. After coming back down, she planted a kiss on Adam's lips. "You're such a good man. I am so grateful for you."