Chapter 5: Dinner

Song: Runaway by Pentagon

Warning upsetting scenes

Taehyung pov:
When I looked at the picture from Jungkook with his parents I couldn't help but feel sad knowing that my family would never be happy again like that. I missed my parents and my stepdad isn't making living without them any easier. I didn't notice that I had began crying until a pair of strong arms hugged me from behind. I took in a sharp breath and froze on my spot. When I realized it was Jungkook I let myself relax a little in his arms. "Do you want to talk about it?" Jungkook asks me concerned.
"No." I reply stammering before getting out of his hold, I walked over to his bed. On the ground lay a football and I picked it up, an image of a shirtless Jungkook running around the field popped in my head. I smiled before quickly shaking the image out of my thoughts "I think I have some ideas for some pictures of you."
"Great, when do you want to take them?" Jungkook asks me
"Well it is now Wednesday and Saturday evening you're coming to me so what about we use the Sunday to make pictures from each other?" I suggest. Sunday my stepdad would surely be passed out from his previous night so I could easy get out of the house.
"Sounds good." He replies
"Boys dinner is ready." His mom shouts from downstairs.
"Let's go." Jungkook says grabbing my hand pulling me downstairs. I was blushing. Why am I blushing we are just friends and when the project is over we probably will be going back to being strangers.

We entered the dining room and I was greeted by the sight of Jungkook his mom and a man holding hands. I recognized the man from Jungkook his pictures so I assumed he was his father. I walked over to his father and introduced myself "Hi I am Taehyung."
"Hello Taehyung I am Joey, Jungkook his dad it had been a while since he brought friends over if you don't count Yoongi and Hoseok." His dad smiles at me "Please take a seat."
"Thank you." I answer polite taking a seat next to Jungkook while his parents where on the other side of the table. I was really enjoying the dinner and talking to the Jeon family that I didn't notice how fast the time went. Suddenly my phone rang and I when I looked at the caller id I saw it was my stepdad's number. The color drained out of my face and my hands began to shake.
"Taehyung, you okay?" Jungkook asks me worried.
"I have to go home, my stepdad wants me home." I stutter "Thank you for the dinner, I had a lovely evening." I tell Jungkook his parents before focusing on Jungkook "I will see you at school tomorrow."

I ran out of the house at fast as I could. When I opened the door I was greeted by the smell of alcohol and smoke. My stepdad was standing infront of me with a cigarette dangling out of his mouth. "You're late, where were you?"
"At a friend." I mumble
"You were supposed to come back home immediately after school and you ignored it, you need to be disciplined you useful brat." He slurs before hitting me across the face. I glared at him not wanting to look weak infront of him but why do I feel so weak. He hit me a few more times until new bruises were formed on my body and I was coughing up blood. He then walked away opening another beer leaving me on the floor groaning out in pain. I tried to get up and go to my room but my head was feeling heavy and I blacked out.