Chapter 10: The stepdad

Song: killing me by Ikon

Warning upsetting scenes

Taehyung pov:
I heard the door open downstairs and I froze in my spot out of fear. Jungkook placed his hand on my shoulder trying to comfort me "Hyung? You okay?"
I snapped out of my freezing state and looked at Jungkook. If my stepdad would find him here he would hurt Jungkook and I wouldn't be able to handle that.
"You need to go." I whisper pulling him of the bed and pushing him towards the window
"Why out the window? I can just go through the front door." Jungkook says while I opened the window, I could hear his heavy footsteps on the stairs.
"Please, I don't want you to get hurt" I plead looking at the door scared.
"Taehyung what is going on?" Jungkook asks grabbing my hand.
I looked at our hands intertwined and if I wasn't scared for Jungkook his safety I would have smiled. I am so stupid what was I thinking bringing him here.
"Go." I say.
Jungkook looked at me worried "not until you tell me what is going on." Then the door opened revealing my stepdad in the door opening his eyes went from me to Jungkook and I saw his eyes becoming smaller as a sign he was about to get angry.
"What is the meaning of this?" My stepdad slurs taking a step closer to me.
"We were working on a project sir." Jungkook tells him I looked at him and went to stand infront of him as a sign that if he wanted Jungkook he needed to go through me first. My stepdad glared at me what made me shiver in fear. Jungkook placed his hands on my waist trying to calm me but it did the opposite since my stepdad noticed it and pulled Jungkook to him. I was shocked and darted forward to grab him.
"Working on a project my ass." My stepdad muttered pulling Jungkook his hair what made him wince. "You too were touching each other weren't you."
"No we weren't" Jungkook replies.
"Bullshit." He says pulling Jungkook with him downstairs.
I ran after them throwing different kind of things to my stepdads head "Let him go." I shout.
My stepdad stopped in his steps and looked at me angry "You have the nerve to demand something from me." he then slapped me across the cheek what made me fall on the ground. I tried to stand up but he began kicking me while Jungkook was shouting at him to stop. I looked at Jungkook who had tears in his eyes and tried to get out my stepdad his grib so he could help me. I coughed up some blood and didn't have the energy to stand up. Jungkook noticed that I stopped moving and began to scream and trash around. My stepdad groweled and walked to the front door pushing him outside.
"Never come back." He shouts at Jungkook before closing the door. He walked back to me and grabbed my hair pulling me up so I could look him in the eye "You're a brat, I regret ever taking you in after your useless mother passed away."
"Don't say that about her." I reply gritting my teeth
"And that boy is not coming in here ever again. If I see him around you I will make sure he won't be able to walk." He threatened
"Then you have to go through me first."
"That won't be a problem you're weak." He says hitting me once more. He walked away leaving me bleeding on the living room floor. I managed to get up and limp to my room. There I grabbed my suitcase and filled it with clothes and a few personal belongings like pictures of me and my parents that I had hidden under my bed. I grabbed my camera and phone and locked my door. I was about to leave this house for good.