Chapter 12: Stay here

Song: Stay by Blackpink

Jungkook pov:
I opened the door and walked inside. "Hey honey how-" My mother began but she stopped when she saw the state Taehyung was in "Lay him on the couch." I set down his suitcase, removed his camera bag and placed him on the couch with some help from my mother. "Get the first aid kit."
At moments like this I was happy that my mom was a nurse in the local hospital. I ran to the bathroom grabbed the kit and gave it to my mother. "What happened?" She asks me.
"He was beaten by his stepdad, we were in his room working on our photography project when he came inside grabbing me to drag me outside. Taehyung began to scream at him to let me go what resulted in him being beat up. I tried to get out of his stepdad grasp but his hold was to strong so I couldn't do a thing to help the boy I love. It is my fault." I tremble
"It wasn't your fault, Jungkook." My mother says smiling at me while treating Taehyung "If you weren't there to get him out of his house I wouldn't know what would happen to him."
"Actually he climbed out his own window when I tried to get in and when he was down he collapsed in my arms the first thing I thought was bringing him here."
"You did the right thing son."
"How is he?" I ask her.
"I don't think anything is broken." She responds "But he will need a lot of rest to help his body recover." She then went to listen to his heart and longs with a stethoscope "His breathing sounds normal and his heart is beating strong. He will recover Jungkook he is a strong boy."
"Thank god." I reply sitting next to Taehyung wiping some hair out of his face. My mother smiled at me before slowly retreating out of the room.

After a while my mother came back with somethingto eat and drink for me. "Do you think I should call the police?" I ask her.
"That is up to Taehyung." she smiles ruffling my hair "He is lucky to have you as friend."
"What if I want to be more than that?" I ask her.
"Then you should tell him and not me."
"Tell me what?" a weak voice asks. I look next to me to see that Taehyung hadopened his eyes. I looked at him and stroked his cheak "That you're an idiot for trying to save me."
Taehyung smiled and placed his hand over the hand that was stroking his cheek "I didn't want to see you get hurt by him."
"But you got hurt Tae." I reply
"I am used to it." He smiled sadly.
"How long were you abused by him?"
"Ever since my mother died." He responds "But it doesn't matter anymore I am not planning to go back there ever again. Maybe I can ask my uncle if he wants to take me in."
"You can also stay here." My mother speaks up. I looked at her confused. "We have a guestroom that never gets used and I already see you as a son. So you can stay here."
"Thank you ms. Jeon but I don't want to be a burden." Taehyung replies smiling.
"You aren't and I am sure that Jungkook doesn't mind sharing you." she says what makes me blush "Just think about it."
"Okay I will." Taehyung answers before looking at me. my mom understood the hint and walked out leaving me and Taehyung alone. Taehyung smiled and pulled me closer to him so we were cuddling with each other on my couch.