Ch. 2: Set Ablaze

(A/N): I rarely do these and I hate doing A/N,  but friendly reminder that all who comment on the stories chapters will be in the "Credits" video at the end of the book, thanks for reading!

Anti leaned against a tree in the wooded area. It was the middle of the night. He paid very close attention to his environment. The frogs croaking, the crickets chirping, and the wind moving through the trees. None of which was important to him.

Then, movement..

It was a subtle movement, it caused his ears to twitch.

It was her.

"Been a while.." He spoke aloud, a small smirk forming on his face.

"Only a few weeks." The female voice replied. "I've been busy."

"Too busy to see an old friend?" He walked from the tree and stood out, trying to find her. "We can't keep meeting like this.. He's becoming suspicious."

She hid herself well, as she always did when they met.

"You know I've been...preparing..and I think it's time, Anti." Her tone became serious.

A concerned expression came over Anti's face as well. The plan was far from ready. "We talked about this. it's not supposed to happen for another month."

(Y/n) jumped down from the tree. She looked much different from the day she had run from the castle. Her attitude, her stance, her clothing, everything seemed...rough. "We don't have much of a choice. We're running out of time." She pulled down her hood to her cloak.

"Still have that eh?" He walked towards her with a smirk on his face. "You haven't worn it, I thought you lost it."

"I use it all the time." She smiled, but it fell back to a grim line. "Anti we don't have any more time. I have men in the city observing the Rebellion and Die's officers. Their attention is at an all-time low. It is happening tonight, with or without you."

Anti knew the severity of the situation. He held his eyes on (Y/n). She had grown so much in the last year and a half, he hardly felt like he was talking to the same girl, yet, he could still see the same temperamental woman he met the day she walked in the door.

"What do you need me to do?" He questioned.

"While the fire burns, I need you to tell Dark that I'm in the city and that I'm dying."

"A little excessive don't you think?"

"Die will be too distracted by the fire and where it started. When the castle alarm goes off go to Dark, but don't release him."

"That's pretty stupid, lass. Why wouldn't I let him out? It would be me only chance."

"We need him angry. He'll get out on his own trust me." (Y/n) pulled up her hood.

"So this is it...again..."

"Yeah.. I won't be able to come around for a while, but you know I'll be back...I couldn't do this without you, Anti."

Anti shoved his hands into his pockets. "Yeah, yeah. I know the deal by now."

She opened up her arms, "Bring it in, Anti."

"Are you REALLY going to make me do that?"

She squeezed and released her hands enforcing the fact she wanted a hug. Anti rolled his eyes and dragged his hands out of his pockets, as well as himself to her. He lazily wrapped his arms around her.