Ch. 20: New Life

"Anti and Abby have been hanging out a lot lately, and alone too." (Y/n) spoke up.

"Two kids in a candy store. Are they together?"

"No, but I think they're just enjoying each other's company. They keep going to that lake out in the woods. Something with communication with the Cervi." (Y/n) drank some water and leaned against the wall.

"I guess he needed a bitch to calm him down. He seems different than I remember. I guess that comes with all the changes we're experiencing." Dark turned from the kitchen sink and gazed at his love. "How are you feeling right now?"

"Fat. Pregnant. Ready to bust."

"You look miserable, dear."

"I feel miserable."

"I must admit, you're keeping your natural instincts under check. You haven't done anything too out of the ordinary."

"Or maybe I have and I've been hiding it from you by outsmarting you. For all you know my 'Natural Instincts' have developed into a reasonable state of mind to confuse and lure you into a false sense of safety so I can do what I want without you coming down to stop me."

Dark stared at her, "Well, have you?"

"...no, I'm too tried for that anymore...The last thing I did was dig out a spot under the house but its cold as hell outside and the part of me that cares is a lot smaller than the part of me doesn't."

"Mom, Daddy, I'm home!" Anti called out coming into the house.

"Anti for the last time, do not call me daddy..." Dark pinched between his brows. "You're home very late again."

"What, I don't have a curfew?"

"That may be true, but if Spero is asleep we need to keep it that way. She needs all the rest she can get."

"Guys..." (Y/n) spoke out.

"Hey, I live here too! I'm usually way quieter than ye think. Alright, I've come home 'bout 3 or 4 AM and ye didn't notice." Anti crossed his arms.

"Anti..." (Y/n) continued.

"But you live in our home. A home we were gifted too. Would you like to live with another strange demon family? Mind you there are many still afraid of you." Dark's words hardened.

"What's there to be afraid of? I haven't touched anyone since I got here. I've helped out like (Y/n) asked. I don't know what the big deal is?" Anti rolled his eyes.

"Dark..." She spoke again.

"The big deal is that you lack respect. I was your king!"

"Was!"

"And you still live in my house!"

"SHUT UP!" (Y/n) growled. "For the love of everything can you two shut the hell up for one second?"

"My apologies, Spero. We shouldn't be putting stress on you like that I —"

"What's that smell?" Anti cut him off.

"That's what I'm trying to tell you, idiots. I think my water broke..."

The two demons looked at one another then down at the floor to see a pile of liquid at her feet.

"It's really gross and I really want to get to Susan. So if we can do that without freaking out, that'd be great." (Y/n) breathed carefully and explained while leaning against the wall for support.

"Uh," Dark paused, becoming frantic. "Okay uh, hold on I —"

"What the fuck do we do!?" Anti grabbed his head looking at Dark.