Ch. 21: Strange Connections

Dark took a deep breath. He clutched his fists and paused for a moment.

"I speak for the both of us when I say we decline."

Charlie tilted his head, "You...decline?"

"You will never know what it feels like to create new life, to be a part of an individual being that is the work of you and someone you love. WE will raise our child, tainted minds or not."

"But what about the balance of the world?"

"Fuck the balance," (Y/n) spoke up. "We do it our way, with our —" She hesitated as a contraction came along. "— with our child."

"Let me handle this, dear," Dark spoke softly, then looked up at Charlie. "If you only came here to take our child then you're no longer welcome here."

"No, you have it all wrong," Charlie held up his hands, "I have grown a liking to (Y/n) and yourself, Tenebris. Not a very common thing among demons, but a feeling of concern none the less. The earth has affected many of our kind with the feeling of empathy and other emotions. If it is your choice to keep the child then I must leave it at that."

"So why are you here?"

"To put it simply, Dark, I care for you both and the unborn child. I have seen many futures pertaining to them and let it be known you —"

"Oh boy..." (Y/n) groaned. "Damn this hurts."

"Another one?" Tenebris turned towards her. "You've only been here a short time."

"They're spastic..."

"If I may," Charlie interrupted. "I'd like to stay awhile and witness the birth. I can assist as well if, I believe her name is Susan, needs any help."

"They come out attacking sometimes." Susan came back with a tray of goodies and drinks. "But it depends on the human, demon or whomever."

"I'm excited to experience this!"

"THE PARTY IS HERE!" Anti announced walking into the room, "Oh and so is yer family."

Abby and Storm came up from behind and rushed to the bedside.

"So the brat's ready to come out?" Abby joked. "You look like you're ready."

"I'm ready to start sparing again." (Y/n) smirked, "Storm, I hope this can stay in this room until we're ready to announce it?"

"You can count on me this time, I promise."

"Alright everyone, I know we're all excited for the baby but (Y/n) needs some rest while we prepare. This can be a lengthy process but she needs our support right now." Susan announced. "She also needs her rest during this time."

"Wait, hold up, did you just say lengthy process?" Anti spoke up.

"That's right, could be anywhere between 2 hours to — well hopefully not those two days. I can't see it being any longer than 8 hours."

"TWO HOURS?" Anti whined.

"If you don't like it Anti you can go back home and go to sleep." Dark glared at him.

Susan put a hand on Anti's shoulder, "Since this house isn't really lived in and used for more medical purposes there is a few guest rooms upstairs you can sleep in."

Abby glared for a moment before turning away.

"Alright, lass, that sounds like a good deal to me! Someone scream when the kid is born." Anti waved off as he traveled to the steps.