Ch. 11: PTSD

Days had turned into two weeks very quickly within the small yet bustling town. Dark still didn't enjoy his lessons, but they became easier and easier as the days went by, not without complaining of course.

(Y/n) watched him grow into a different person, yet still holding that rough-princey-ego personality she had fallen in love with. She also appreciated the home life they seemed to have. She'd make dinner for him to come home to and they'd eat while she told stories of her old life and her new. There was still a lot to cover, it had been roughly two years.

Storm had grown a liking to Dark, not seeing him as a threat but a child of his own that needs discipline. Mario was still head over heels for him, and the town itself was growing less wary of the old king some even approaching him with kindness.

The two who still stood on their toes were Abigail and Mark, more so Abigail than anyone else. She didn't trust the demon at all and was baffled by the fact anyone else could, especially her father.

Abigail though part human, was more demon even if it didn't show. This gave her the curse and blessing of retaining memories of demon's she'd killed. Many of which had come from the Great War era. She never thought the memories of others would come in handy until she had to use it on her own cousin.

Late one evening after the town had gone silent Abigail made her way across town via rooftop until she reached (Y/n)'s home.

Everything sat silent and nothing but the sound of cicadas buzzed. Summer was coming to an end after all.

She slid herself off the roof then peeked into the first story bedroom. Dark was first insight, well, the back of his head. His arm seemed to be securely wrapped around (Y/n).

"Bastard," Abigail spoke to herself.

She extended a claw and slipped it under the old wood of the window. Her fingers slowly slipped under the wood pulling it up, careful not to create a noise. A single squeak could wake up Dark, who's rumored to hear a pin drop from across a room of crowded people. Then again, she literally caught it. It was no time to take risks. She slid in one foot then another, her eyes never leaving the large demon.

"Sorry about this, cous," Abigail approached her cousin, hovering over her.

She then pricked her finger and used the blood to draw a circle on her forehead.

"Ecce enim memoriam et mortuus est ignotum."

(See the memories of the unknown dead)

Her eyes lit up in a blue hue momentarily as all that she'd remembered of others was now shared with (Y/n).

____________________________________

"Get up soldier!" A loud male voice boomed in (Y/n)'s ear.

(Y/n) opened her eyes to see a mass crowd of men, women, and demon all fighting around her, bodies scattered across the ground. Her eyes sat wide until a hand grabbed under her arm and pulled her up.

"Hey, we can mourn the dead later. Let's move."

She looked at the stranger and realized his uniform resembled that of the US military over 100 years ago. "Why are you wearing that? What is this?"

The hazel eye'd man looked at her strangely, "Must have gotten knocked down too hard." He then shoved a standard military rifle into her hands. She'd only seen broken or poorly made replicas. What the hell was going on?

"What am I supposed to do with this?"

"Kill the demon's kid." He pat her back. "Keep your eye out, and stay alive. God Speed."