Ch. 19: The Deer King

"(Y/n)!" Mark, (Y/n)'s father, kept calling out into the barren woods. Everything looked the same and fogged made it endless. He cupped his hands together and yelled again. "(Y/n)!"

"And what the hell are you yelling about?" Nana Rose spoke up from behind him.

He jumped, then turned, "Nana!"

To his surprise, she didn't look old, but younger, about his age now. He wrinkled his brow only causing her to chuckle at him.

"What's the matter?"

"You look...different...young..."

"That's what happens when you go to the other side, but that's not why I'm here."

"Where are we even?"

"The endless void of your mind. It's manifested itself while you dream. Fascinating. (Y/n)'s was completely black."

"You're talked to (Y/n)? Where is she? Is she okay?" Mark panicked desperately seeking answers.

"Relax, she is fine. Much has changed with her, but still determined as ever. She has found other family, from my first granddaughters..." Rose trailed off, "She's in great danger."

"Granddaughters? Nana, Novus had more than one child?" Mark knew the family tree like the back of his hand or so he thought.

"That is why I'm here. Novus had twins. Bellator and...Vita."

"Did Vita die? Why am I only hearing about this now?"

"Walk with me, Mark."

She smiled and began walking with him at her side.

"I helped raised Vita and Bellator for most of their lives after Novus passed away. I had passed on power to Novus shortly before death and she had predetermined Bellator would lead the Rebellion. Vita grew cold in her heart and I could feel anger grow within her every day. There was a battle one day between the demons and us. Bellator had led the battle with Vita at her side. There came a point where Bellator couldn't handle the number of demons coming at her. This cornered her at a cliff. From behind the crowd of demons after her, she could see Vita standing on a rock. She begged Vita to come to her aid but she only watched. I had seen this going on and took action riding a stolen Corpora into the crowd and grabbing Bell before anything else could happen. When arriving back to base I took my anger out on Vita, I took away all that I could to the point where she could only stay at the base and do nothing more. After that night I never heard from her again."

Mark halted

Mark halted. "So what does Vita have to do with any of this? Is she behind the demon government that started it all? Dark's secret lover or something?"

"Vita is alive, and she is vengeful. I don't know much more than that, but I know she's powerful. I believe (Y/n) is in great danger."

"Can you tell me where she is? Who she's with?"