Ch. 14: To the Rescue

The small group of rebels snuck their way around the castle and to a loose opening on the side. It was late in the evening and darkness was beginning to cover the sky. Storm and (Y/n) lead the way since she knew the most and he had the signals. Near the garbage end of the castle sat loose bricks that could be pulled away. Watching around carefully they pulled out the bricks leading to the servants' courters. Nervous about who they may encounter. only other demons traveled inside as well as Storm and (Y/n).

"It's...empty...?" (Y/n) breathed.

"Abandoned almost." Storm saw dust gathered all around.

"They either killed everyone or fired everyone."

Storm turned towards her, "It doesn't matter, it makes our lives easier."

He lit another torch in the room and handed it to (Y/n). She pulled out a piece of paper from her back pocket and rolled it out on the table in front of her. "Here is a map of the castle. Here is where you can hide, and here's where you can escape if needed. The guards have armor, they also are demons, but they use weapons more than their powers. I'm sure Die has upped the security since coming to power. This is where Anti's room is, but he hangs out in these rooms as well. Remember the names, they're on a small plaque next to the doors. Check every room and don't get caught."

"And where will you be going?" Storm looked towards her.

"I'm going to Dark's office. I'm going to see what laws have changed, and what's going on in the near future. If we know what large plans or celebrations or whatever, we can know where their weak spots are." She places random items on the corners of the paper. "Once we find Anti create the diversion and we'll leave."

"Sounds like you're confident."

"If I don't have confidence, I fake it. You'll never know if it's real or not." (Y/n) looks around the room briefly. "Now follow me to the exit. Split up into your groups and we'll meet at the weak point." She smiled at him then headed towards the exit.

After exiting the servants' courters she quickly noticed how dead the castle seemed, and not just because it was night. There was dust practically everywhere and the hallway smelled old. All oil paintings that had King Dark within them were taken down, leaving a rectangle mark on the wall. Even small statues were taken from their places.

They stood at a corner and didn't see any guards. (Y/n) sent the groups their separate ways in the search for Anti. She took it upon herself to begin her search for Dark's office. There was a strong chance that Die could be in there for whatever reason, but she had prepared herself for the worse.

As she continued to creep around, the castle felt more and more ghostly. From what she remembered it was filled with more happiness at her peak stay. Everyone was happy, everything seemed brighter, but at this point, everything had died. Nothing would ever be the same, and that happiness was gone forever. It ached her heart remembering her days there since it had been years since she entered the stone walls.

(Y/n) came upon two guards wandering around. She hid at the corner of the hall and listened in to their conversation. It was nonsense and talk of Die.

"— And that Sarah woman, she has bigger balls than he does." One spoke.

"I'm not even sure it's the same woman half the time." The other replied. "She kind of looks bangable. Like the other girl that was here, uhh, that rebel."

"Who?"

"Her name was (Y/n). Don't you remember that shit when Dark caught her?"

"I wasn't here at the time dip shit, I've only been here for a few months."