Ch. 7: Frustration

The people around began to disperse. Mark stood gazing over at his friend and Darkiplier, the demon who had made his life a living hell. He placed his sword inside his holster and decided it was best (Y/n) explained the situation to him.

(Y/n) stood in silence, staring at Dark's back. She didn't know what to say, but the silence wasn't doing them any good.

"Dark —"

"Where are your sleeping quarters?" Dark breathed.

She couldn't tell if there was any anger in his tone, or rather what emotion he had at all. "I just want to explain —"

"I asked you a question." He turned his head ever so slightly to the side.

She could see the wrath in his eye, his red iris piercing her own. He wasn't happy and an explanation wouldn't make him happy either.

"As you wish." She breathed.

She walked up ahead of him and lead him back up through the "town-ish" land they resided in. He kept close to her and kept a steady eye on her as she walked. At first, he thought they residents and soldiers were staring at him, almost mocking him, but they weren't. The longer they walked, the more he realized they were staring her down. Was it respect or fear?

Being a relative of the leader had its benefits, but also it's negative attributes. She had shoes to fill, and a standard to live up to. A positive though was her living situation.

She had been designated a small home in the area towards the edge of town. It was in decent condition, no running water, but none of the homes had running water, it was abandoned after all.

They came upon it, (Y/n) continued walking up the small porch steps, opening up the front door. Dark stopped for a moment and stared at the home. He then looked at her just as she looked back at him.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, continue."

She turned and walked inside her home into the living area. Not much was there, a couch, a chair, a coffee table. She made do with what she had there. Weapons leaned against walls, as well as armor, other training equipment and supplies.

"This is your home?" He spoke closing the door.

"It's not much, but it's all mine, for now." She breathed, then faced him. "Can I get you something to drink?"

This hospitality seems so nostalgic to him, but he knew she was avoiding the subject, "Spero."

"I know.." She crossed her arms, "You want answers."

"All of them. You seemed to be withholding information and I am warning you now if there any more of these unwelcomed events that I am not aware of I will tear down this organization piece by piece."

She couldn't help but smirk at him, "Calm down, I promise I'll give you answers. All of them this time. You can't really imagine the weight lifted off my shoulders.."

"I'd assume a decent amount seeing as though you don't have a blade to your head anymore."

"Here, I'll show you where we'll be staying for now." (Y/n) walked down a short hall. At the end was a door that lead into a bedroom. It seemed to be the main bedroom out of the two in the home.

The bedroom was plain just like the other room. Curtains kept the room dark until she opened them up. A queen bed sat on an old bed frame with worn blankets on top. The hardwood floor was scratched up, but out of both rooms this seemed to be cleanest.. so he thought.