Ch. 6: The Storm

An hour had passed...

(Y/n)'s care had helped him decently, but Dark was still very weak. He sat in silence in the metal cage is bumped along unfamiliar territory. There was no point in continuing his babble with the woman who called herself "captain". He studied her face and features wondering what and were the relation to (Y/n) came into play. He was sure she was another hybrid, but what kind of hybrid? There's practically no known information on hybrids.

She had wings. They were dark on the outside, but the inside was a brighter blue. Darker veins traveled throughout the wings, a feature he didn't have. Her wings were about the size of his own, yet he was far larger than she was.

Besides the large scar on her eye, he noticed other smaller scars on her as well.

On the back of her hand, there was a symbol that looked like a bunch of scribbles. To a human, that's generally what it would be, but to a demon, it meant something else.

"Vis.." He spoke under his breath.

She looked down at him after he spoke the word, "Quit starin'. Didn't anyone teach you manners?"

"You mentioned before you do not like the Latin language but yet you have Vis, or Strength on the back of your hand. Why such a contradiction?"

"Maybe, just maybe, you should mind your own fuckin' business, eh?" She had a threatening look in her eyes.

"Aye, Captain, we're pulling into the Green Zone*." A man called out.

The Captain smiled then looked down at Dark, "Looks like your day of judgment is coming pretty boy."

Dark almost laughed at her words. HE was the bringer of judgment. HE was the person who decided the fates of all those who betrayed him. But there's the key word, was... Dark wondered who in their right mind would think THEY could judge him. He'd admit to causing multiple crimes, but could they do to him?

His concerns more so leaned towards the whereabouts of (Y/n) and how she's involved with all this. He knew by going here willingly he'd see her at one point or another.

The parade of trucks and people began moving through a thick growth of trees down a skinny path. Many of the people walking now sat on all the machinery moving about. Dark couldn't smell out anything other than the tree around him. He could barely smell the blue eyed demon in front of him.

"You look confused." She stated.

"I can't smell you anymore."

"We've mastered the art of camouflage. Only lasts through the thick growth around us. If we didn't have this, you would have killed us by now." She smirked. "BUT you're not king anymore, we don't gotta worry about that."

"You underestimate me, Captain. It may be the biggest mistake of your life."

Her smile widened, "No, Demon, you underestimate me, and it WILL be the biggest mistake of your life. We don't mess around like that flimsy rebellion does. They're just as bad as you guys are."

That was a shock to hear, the rebellion being just as bad as the demons. It seemed unlikely since they downright hated each other.

"When we're done here there won't be demons, humans, or hybrids. Just people."

"Just people.." He spoke under his breath.

A brightness came into view as the trucks pulled closer. He began to hear the sound of metal hitting metal, wood cracking, people yelling, children laughing. It sounded like the hustle and bustle of a town.