Ch. 12: Bad Intentions

.They began backing away from her as she approached.

"Is this your doing?" Storm questioned Dark.

"Of course not, why am I being questioned, I am the injured one here." He lifted his arm slightly to reveal a burn wound. "I am a fighter, but I would not lay a hand on her."

Storm stared into his eyes for a few moments. "Right then, we should calm her down."

An orange flame hit a building. Exploding slightly and knocking off the wood. They all ducked.

"It would be rather difficult to do so without hurting her." Storm pondered.

(Y/n) made direct eye contact with Dark and ran towards him, evading the attempts the soldiers made to stop her. Suddenly Mario came between her and Dark with a large shield. He pushed her back from her attack.

His shield was oval with the symbol of the Custodibus Pacis on the front of it. The metal was worn down from battles but well used.

 The metal was worn down from battles but well used

He took a moment to adjust his robe. "Alright, who pissed off this hoe? Was it you pretty boy?" He pointed at Dark.

"Why does everyone thing I caused this?"

Mario placed his shield right side up then leaned on it. "You wanna check yourself real quick before anyone answers." Another flame hit his shield. He picked it up once more. "Alright princess, if you wanna dance we can dance, but I got 2nd place in my ballet in 8th-grade bitch don't test me."

Dark stared at him. He hadn't seen such skill in a human since the war, especially using a shield as not only defense but a weapon as well.

"Mark," Storm called him over, "Where is Abigail?"

"No clue, sir. I haven't seen her. Usually she's the first one out in a situation like this."

Storm took off his coat and tossed it onto the ground. His eyes lighting up in a lighter blue hue than Abigail's. He did not like allowing his color to shine through, but it seemed necessary.

It was the first time Dark had seen it as well. It was the lightest blue he'd ever seen, and he had seen many demons with blue eyes.

"Dark, Mark, stay here and do not interfere."

"What?!" They both shouted.

Storm looked back at both of them, "Whatever is wrong, she's clearly violent with you, Dark, and it doesn't help that Mark here looks like your twin."

"Hey!" Mark spoke up, "I do NOT have ugly pointy ears!"

Dark turned towards him, "My ears are NOT ugly, you pig."

"Enough you two, just stay back and find Abigail. Work together."

"You want me to work with him?" Mark pointed at him.