Ch. 17: Coming Times

After a week in the infirmary, Anti was finally given a clean bill of health. He didn't like being patient about waiting, but he had no choice. That and the fact he liked being waited on hands and foot. (Y/n) visited him the morning he was allowed to leave, taking the day off to show him around.

"Hey there Lass." He stretched out his arms and jumped off the examination table. "Get me out of this prison before I die of boredom."

"Say no more." She smiled. "Let's give you a grand tour."

She started off with The Guardians' history while they roamed around the townish area. While he took in the information, he was so surprised to see humans and demons in such a peaceful manner and to see more hybrids than ever. She explained her relationship with the leader, her friends, and how Mark was brought back.

"So everyone has to do chores...?"

"Well, we all have to help each other. Dark does his chores."

Just as she spoke those words they could both hear children laughing and then a voice following.

"Now now young ones. Do not hurt yourselves."

"We just don't want YOU getting hurt. There's a lot of weight!" One child spoke.

"Nonsense." He scoffed. "I'm stronger than can imagine!"

Dark had a large stick over his neck that was carrying buckets of water to the blacksmith for his swords. Dark had asked them to hold onto the stick to strengthen himself more as he walked to and from the river. The kids laughed sitting and holding onto the large stick along with sitting in the empty buckets to return to the river.

"Wow, five kids on each side, a new record." (Y/n) laughed.

Anti was in awe. "Y'know he couldn't stand people let alone kids. Now he's like a giant ass baby sitter."

"They just like him." She paused. "How do you feel about... the news?"

Anti had gotten wind of what had happened shortly after he'd arrived, but (Y/n) nor Dark discussed it with him.

"I can sense it." He smirked, "It's gonna be one powerful being, that's fer sure."

"So you don't care?"

"Why would I give a fuck about it? As long as I don't have to take care of it, do what ye want." He waved his hand then walked on with her. "I'll teach it how to be a real demon that's fer sure. That lad will know everything."

"What if it's a lass?"

"Eh, same difference."

Suddenly Abigail walked out of the main building in town with several soldiers behind her. She was usually seen with many men walking along with her at all times as it was.

Anti wrinkled his brow studying her long brown hair and blue-ish wings. "Who the hell is that?"

"My cousin I told you about."

"She looks like a bitch."

"She is a bitch."

Suddenly Anti's body split leaving him standing up and an unconscious body falling behind him. (Y/n)'s eye widened looking at the body then back at Anti who hadn't noticed or even moved his eyes off her.

"Anti?"

"She looks stuck up as hell."

(Y/n) didn't really believe in love at first sight until now. She bent down towards Sean's body checking it up then let out a sigh. The moment Abigail wasn't around Anti regained his focus on (Y/n) then realized the body behind him.