Ch. 10: Work in Process

The door to (Y/n)'s house slammed open causing her to jump.

"Ridiculous," Dark commented.

"Oh, you're home." She peeked from the corner and walked towards the front door. "How was your training?"

"A waste of my time." He used the bottom of his shirt to wipe the sweat and dirt off his face. "Abigail is a know it all. Mark cannot take a hit, and Storm...this patience nonsense..."

"What did you two do?"

"We walked for a very long time until we reached a lake and we went fishing. This man decides the best way to teach me patience is fishing."

(Y/n) wrinkled her brow. "Fishing? That's weird. Was there a goal?"

"I had to catch some kind of fish in order to leave for the evening."

"And did you?"

"I caught a damn branch after 5 hours. The man laughed so hard he excused me for the evening." A disgusted look fell over his face. "I do not know how long I will be able to put up with this nonsense..."

(Y/n) smiled, "Hey, if anyone can do it, it's you, alright?" She then reached out and grabbed his hand. "Come on I want to show you something."

He rolled his eyes, "Please, no more surprises."

She dragged him further into the house and to the bathroom. She then opened the door to reveal a darkened bathroom with candles placed all around to light it up. Against the wall sat a porcelain bathtub with bronze legs. It was filled up with steam floating over it.

"I know it's not as luxurious as your master bathroom at the castle, but I knew after today you'd need something like this."

He stared at it wide-eyed, then to his surprise he received a small kiss on the cheek.

"I'll be out here if you need anything."

She left, leaving him by himself. He often forgets the kindness (Y/n)'s soul holds, and the selflessness she gives. In his head, he knew it was pathetic looking in comparison to his bathroom at the castle, of course, but his heart simply adored it none the less.

Dark smiled and undressed, eager to rest himself in the tub. The water was scalding hot just as he liked it. His body sank down into the water, his muscles sighing with relief. He lowered himself until he was up to his nose, his eyes watching the steam rise.

____________________________________

Die stared at the steam rise from his master bathtub. The water was at nose level. The tub stretched further than his legs could touch but the hot water comforted him.

One thing stopped him from relaxing fully.

"Now seeing as that it will cost the city practically a fortune to rebuild might I recommend raising the living tax 2%, Mors," Sarah recommended.

She sat across the large bathroom on a chair, knitting.

"Oh yeah?" He spoke back.

"Of course seeing as that we also need better border control might I also recommend we tear down the woods."

"Oh yeah?"

Sarah sighed, putting down her yarn. "Are you paying attention to me, Die?"

"Yes.." His tone softened.

"What is bothering you, my child?"

"Nothing.."

"It doesn't seem like nothing. Talk to your mother."