Ch. 8: A New Way of Life

Evening came along slowly. Dark mostly watched (Y/n) preform simple chores and duties throughout the small town. She was well liked generally, but many were afraid to approach her because of Dark.

It soon came time to see Storm once more, and Dark still had many more questions.

"So Abby is Storm's daughter," Dark reiterated.

"Yes, Amare is her real name, but she hates all that demon junk so she goes by Abby." (Y/n) folded the clothing on the line and placed it in the basket. She placed the clothespin in Dark's hand.

"And the mother?"

"Dead." She stated plainly. "Her mother's name was Trust. From what I know she was a hybrid as well. Actually, if it wasn't for you, Storm and Trust wouldn't have met."

"Me? That sounds quite ridiculous."

(Y/n) took down a t-shirt and folded it. "Well, In your hay day you were always after anyone who could have been in the rebellion. You sent out a line of guards after Trust and Storm thought they were after him as well. They ended up hiding in practically the same spot and that's how they met. Sounds romantic doesn't it?"

Dark rolled his eyes, "Just delightful."

"Well, it's going to hit closer to home, I'm not finished."

Dark lightly laughed, "Oh, another plot twist to your story?"

"No," She placed several pins in his hand, "Yours."

"Why mine?" He was ready to be amused by her comment.

"Because no one names their kid 'Trust', Abigail's mother was Spera."

Dark's smile fell, "She was —"

"One of your best guards according to Storm."

"She was caught —" Dark paused in thought. "She was housing and helping humans. I found out through the staff. I tried to make an example out of her but she got away before they could get her."

"Oh, so you already know the story?" (Y/n) placed the last article of clothing in the basket and picked it up. "It's a small world, isn't it?"

He didn't say a word but simply looked up at her.

"I wonder what other connection's we'll make on our ventures?"

Dark placed the pins on top of the basket and took it from her, "I'm a very — power hungry king, am I not?"

"No, you were a power-hungry king," She placed her hands on her hips, "Now you're a rebel."

After putting her clothing inside, (Y/n) gathered her items and Dark. They began walking through town as the sun was setting above the trees. The town was lit up by street lanterns and house lights. Families often held small fire pits in their yards inviting one another over for company. Stories would be shared, as well as food and other festivities.

But they weren't going to those exciting events, they were traveling to the leader. Especially since things have cooled down.

The main building in town is where meetings were held amongst the people and other leaders within their army.

Dark didn't know what to expect, but seeing how the morning went it wasn't promising.

The large building had two doors directly in the middle. (Y/n) stopped at those doors, pulled down the hood to her cloak, and faced Dark.

"I need you to do me a favor."

Dark crossed his arms, "I haven't killed a single soul since arriving, is that not enough of a favor for you?"